JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Why Are the Airlines Still Flying Out of New York?

"I am baffled by the continuation of air travel between New York City and the rest of the country. At the moment, the greater New York area is at the center of the coronavirus crisis in the United States, and yet Kayak confirms that, even today, anyone from the city and its environs can get on a plane and travel almost anywhere within the United States. Why? "

"I am baffled by the continuation of air travel between New York City and the rest of the country. At the moment, the greater New York area is at the center of the coronavirus crisis in the United States, and yet Kayak confirms that, even today, anyone from the city and its environs can get on a plane and travel almost anywhere within the United States. Why? "

Because the US Constitution protects the freedom of movement?

And because it isn't so much travel as it is congregation that causes problems?

Traveling by plane is forced circulated congregation. unless were doing 10 people per plane and everyone's exhaling leaves the cabin. I don't know how you'd limit it, but that seems like a pretty crazy thing to not think about limiting travel at least some. I saw some crazy low airfare when I took a quick peek. I don't know, it's crazy thing going on.

Considering NYC has like 60% of cases in the USA and rising and very few people in NYC are taking the social distancing and stay at home orders seriously, I am not actually against a quarantine on NYC. From what people told me, NYC has just a gnarly odor and the place is still pretty unhygienic . I hear its pretty dirty and sewers operate beyond capacity. The place is just a cesspool of disease, I hate to say it. The fact that Trump is just ordering a "TRAVEL ADVISORY" to me is just a joke. I actually supported that to some degree.. If things get worse in NYC people will literally flee in droves, especially if they have a non-existing health care system and people there will trying to get out of the city to go and burden the rest of the country for their own poor planning and crumbling infrastructure. Should the rest of the USA pay for the mismanagement of another state? If New York won't even enforce their social distancing and other measures to spraed the disease, why should the rest of American suffer for Cuomo and De Blasio's ineptitude? ANd, of course, being Democrats the media will just pamper them and call them heroes while claiming Trumps is sitting on his butt, but in reality it is the opposite, what the hell is Cuomo and De Blasio actually doing? I am laughing how the media says Cuomo should be our next president because his state is the worst hit in the country. So that makes him a good presidential candidate? :rolleyes: People are still having huge gatherings in the parks, subways are clogged , I mean the hospital relief ship was greeted by huge crowds of people huddled together. I mean how much more idiotic can the people be? Are New Yorkers heads up their backside? Their hospitals are being overrun and they are still being careless in the world's worst hotzone of the disease.

And, remember , Cuomo loves talking about how "un-American" it is for Trump to quarantine his city that is not even following all the CDC guidelines and rules. Did he care about lack of un-American when he claimed he wants an Australian style gun confiscation in New York? The guy has supported many fascist and authoritarian measures. Remember, Stop and Frisk? Did the state of New York have any issues with those un-American laws? Does the fact the 2nd AMendment doesn't even exist in NYC, bother these people? I just laugh at how fascists like Cuomo and De Blasio decry Trump for being un-American when they probably operate one of the least American and Constitutional states in the USA> That is why I would have little issue quarantining the cesspool of NYC and letting them reap the benefits of their crooked politics. New York state and NYC also has some of the worst corruption in American politics. A long history of government agents extorting tax payer money, police officers accepting drug money and criminal organizations infused within the government.

I hate to say , but if the infection rate in NYC keeps spiraling out of control, Cuomo won't have to worry about being quarantined, every state Governor will quarantine New Yorkers from coming into the state, especially if they start fleeing the state looking for health care or more stability.

This is an ultimate crappy situation that is only being made worse by dysfunctional bureaucracy.

Traveling by plane is forced circulated congregation. unless were doing 10 people per plane and everyone's exhaling leaves the cabin. I don't know how you'd limit it, but that seems like a pretty crazy thing to not think about limiting travel at least some. I saw some crazy low airfare when I took a quick peek. I don't know, it's crazy thing going on.

No one is on the plane by force - but yes, IMO it is risky. I haven't flown in 13 years - no reason to - but I would not fly right now unless it was an emergency.

I disagree - in that the Pastor of the mega-church has been arrested. And religious gatherings are one of what was meant in the 1st amendment.

I disagree - in that the Pastor of the mega-church has been arrested. And religious gathers are what was meant in the 1st amendment.

It may be legal, doesn't mean it is constitutional any more than gun control laws are constitutional.

The toilet paper paniic is still going on at costcos that is not located in the metro area

When I was at Costco (Tigard) Sunday, getting gas, people were walking out with packs of 30 rolls - some of them, that was all they had, others had a few other things. There was no line to get in. The amount of people was low for a Sunday afternoon.

I went to Winco and they had 12 packs - several cases. No one was fighting over them or waiting in line to get them - only one or two people near it. There was a limit of one. The rest of the shelving near it was bare. I bought one pack for the kids (I have 5+ thirty roll packs at home).

I did score some 91% isopropyl at DG a couple days ago. It was pushed back out of site and looked to be on the wrong shelf .The large bottles of 70% were gone a flash .

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads