JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
1) Again, with a spread of 24k - 62k it's obvious nobody knows the actual death toll for the flu, that's a garbage statistic.

Clearly, all flu stats, particularly those for CV are garbage - they could easily be off by a factor of 10 - no one has an inkling how many have been infected and had no or mild symptoms so they just thought it was a cold.

2) Nobody was running out of ventilators with the regular flu -- we seem to have an adequate supply to handle flu illnesses and other illnesses.

To date, no on has run out of ventilators for CV either. Cuomo lied and said they ran out, but he was sitting on a stockpile of them.

3) With the flu, one person infects 1.3 other people on average, and they infect 1.3, etc. etc. If you repeat this ten times you have about 14 infections. With CV-19, one person typically infects 3 people (now 4), then each of those infect 3 (now 13), etc. etc. 3 multiplied by itself ten times is a 59,049 infections, a mere 59,036 more than the regular flu after ten iterations. If the process repeats 21 times, that's more people than exist on earth: 10,460,353,203. If it is fatal only 1% of the time, that's 104M deaths.

Maybe, maybe not. We don't have an inkling as to the number that have been infected with either one.

4) People who aren't infected by CV-19 are going to die and they won't be listed in the death toll -- people who otherwise would have received adequate care for routine but serious if untreated issues by hospitals being overwhelmed with CV-19 patients, or understaffed because of dead or sick medical personnel.

I've been thinking about that. Consider this solution: Do not allow CV patients to enter hospitals. Instead, enlist local engineers and tradesmen to set up temporary hospitals in unused office buildings (probably plenty of them now). Run power, lights, heat, med gases, etc to serve CV patients. Probably too complicated to get done quickly enough, but maybe the military could help.

Hot and cold therapy could help boost immune system. Note that Finland and Japan both participate in these types of activities and have lower levels of severe covid-19 disease:

To date, no on has run out of ventilators for CV either. Cuomo lied and said they ran out, but he was sitting on a stockpile of them.
2 Cousins - North Carolina and South Carolina. One an anesthesiologist - the other x-ray tech.
Yes. Hospitals are running out of ventilators.
No matter what Cuomo said of his actions - There's a reason GM has promised to pump out as many as they can in a couple months.
This is not news.

And for the record - no "flu" has ever log jammed hospitals icu wards like this.
15 years and little cuz has never seen anything like this.
No matter what some want - or deny - calling it - she just says, "Whatever - people are dying - no matter what they believe or how they vote."
She seems waaaay pisssed when she hears, "Just a flu..."

According to the CDC in the 6 months so far this flu season, between 24,000 and 62,000 people have died from the normal flu in the USA.

In the 2+ months since CV was first detected in the USA, 3,170 people have died of CV.

Who thinks what we are doing is reasonable? Who thinks we need 1,000,000 military members to help with CV?

Baaaaaaaa! Baaaaaaa!
:D

There's a new paper out Imperial College from UK indicating the R-naught is more like 4; the flu R-0 is 1

"Given the lag of 2-3 weeks between when transmission changes occur and when their impact can be observed in trends in mortality, for most of the countries considered here it remains too early to be certain that recent interventions have been effective. If interventions in countries at earlier stages of their epidemic, such as Germany or the UK, are more or less effective than they were in the countries with advanced epidemics, on which our estimates are largely based, or if interventions have improved or worsened over time, then our estimates of the reproduction number and deaths averted would change accordingly. It is therefore critical that the current interventions remain in place and trends in cases and deaths are closely monitored in the coming days and weeks to provide reassurance that transmission of SARS-Cov-2 is slowing."

_nc_ohc=Avl-TC8GZ8QAX8FIjgq&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Search on indeed.com and also put your resume on there. I don't put my street address on internet resumes.

Check out the Oregon unemployment office website - they list jobs online.

Then, try websites for companies that might have a need for what you do.

Good luck!

ETA: Be cautious if someone calls and is interested in you for a job, but wants too much sensitive personal ID like SS#, physical address, etc - lot of scammers now days. I tell 'em they can have that after I've accepted a job offer.

I don't even put my phone # on my resume. Too many recruiters do not schedule calls - they think it is ok to just cold call out of the blue at any time. If they can't be bothered to initiate an email convo first, telling me what it is they want to talk about - preferably a job description, then I don't want to talk to them.

So many want your resume so they can shotgun it out - I don't want a dozen different recruiters sending my resume out to the same employer - bad practice. I want to know where it is going before it is going - without a job description (usually copy/pasted from the employer) I can't detect and prevent that.

Also, a lot of recruiters just go out onto websites, see a posting and send resumes without contacting the employer HR first. HR doesn't like that and will trash your resume. Many don't accept resumes from recruiters/etc. period.

2 Cousins - North Carolina and South Carolina. One an anesthesiologist - the other x-ray tech.
Yes. Hospitals are running out of ventilators.
No matter what Cuomo said of his actions - There's a reason GM has promised to pump out as many as they can in a couple months.
This is not news.

And for the record - no "flu" has ever log jammed hospitals icu wards like this.
15 years and little cuz has never seen anything like this.
No matter what some want - or deny - calling it - she just says, "Whatever - people are dying - no matter what they believe or how they vote."
She seems waaaay pisssed when she hears, "Just a flu..."
Agree. There are certain people who either live in denial or shift everything onto a conspiracy theory, or just blame everything on MSM. For these people nothing will be real to them until a loved one comes down with it and maybe not even then actually.

Agree. There are certain people who either live in denial or shift everything onto a conspiracy theory, or just blame everything on MSM. For these people nothing will be real to them until a loved one comes down with it and maybe not even then actually.
To clarify - she said that even without using the word covid-anything, and just in general - it's obvious something big happened. Lot's of already compromised people flooding the hospitals with... 'something' that is wrecking them further. That alone is a concern.

Sourced in a NYT article but I won't link to NYT. Anyway, consider both sources. That said:
According to researchers at the Institute for Disease Modeling in Bellevue, Washington, new cases and deaths are going up at a far slower rate than other cities, The New York Times reported. At the start of March, one infected person was passing COVID-19 on to an average of 2.7 other people. Now, at the end of the month after social distancing measures were put into place, that average is down to 1.4.

If those numbers are true, all this staying at home is working:

1.4^10=29 infections whereas 2.7^10=20,589 infections.

----
This article has links to actual reports which formed the basis of the reporting: Coronavirus: Reports Find Social Distancing Works, Must Continue

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads