JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
When this cv panic is past, I hope industry has been awakened and we start back to manufacturing (what have you) in the U.S. and let chicoms wither without our huge trade deficit.

Yes, we too will lose some dough, but we'll gain overall when we don't depend on china for...almost everything.

Hard to conduct a proper lynching while maintaining social distancing.

Mob, from 6 feet away, "Hey, would you mind putting this noose around your neck?"

Gladys Kravitz's everywhere...

gladys kravitz.jpg

Sorry, I didn't realize this was your thread.

But if you think economics isn't going to be an important COVID issue, you might want to read this:

We might survive the virus, only to see the US economy go down the toilet.
Where did I say it isn't important?

Debating the finer points of economics and stimulus packages doesn't belong here, and just a few posts before several people spoke about how frustrating it is to have to filter through all the dross to get relevant info.

Posting a link to an article talking about how the economy might get damaged from coronavirus reactions is different than 3 pages of non stop debating about what form of economics stimulates the economy the best.

Plus, this thread is walking a fine line between staying open and getting locked. We dont need to give the mods even more reason to shut it down.

Last Edited:
When this cv panic is past, I hope industry has been awakened and we start back to manufacturing (what have you) in the U.S. and let chicoms wither without our huge trade deficit.

Yes, we too will lose some dough, but we'll gain overall when we don't depend on china for...almost everything.

It won't be manufacturing that wakes up (if there is no profit, they won't make it, and they can't compete against cheap/slave labor in China). It won't be the public either (they will buy cheap). Maybe the gov. but I doubt it - more concerned about their power than public welfare or the future (except how they can get more power in the future, and emergencies like this are great for getting more power).

China makes jokes...

LOL...Rrrrright, we deserve it. Because we in America are racists (well, according to some)?

Aloha, Mark

PS..... I fear that IF Walmart, CVS or some hospitals, etc... were to be selling or using these "Made in China" products...... Well, who is responsible for testing them (for safety) before they hit the shelves? What else is purposely Made in China to kill Americans? Rrrrright but.....didn't they already TRY? Remember: Lead painted toys, tinted dog food, baby milk, Zantac, etc.....

Seems to me that America hasn't learned the lesson of trading with China and the CCP.

Last Edited:
"We know that other respiratory diseases like COVID-19 change our body odor so there is a very high chance that dogs will be able to detect it," professor James Logan, head of Department of Disease Control at The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and director of ARCTEC, said. "Our previous work demonstrated that dogs can detect odors from humans with a malaria infection with extremely high accuracy – above the World Health Organization standards for a diagnostic."

"We know that other respiratory diseases like COVID-19 change our body odor so there is a very high chance that dogs will be able to detect it," professor James Logan, head of Department of Disease Control at The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and director of ARCTEC, said. "Our previous work demonstrated that dogs can detect odors from humans with a malaria infection with extremely high accuracy – above the World Health Organization standards for a diagnostic."

Wow that is really wild. Never thought of that. I know doctors have told me they can smell when a patient has cancer (certain types I guess). Probably a lot of indicators out there that we don't know about because they've never been studied or "proven" scientifically.

In the same vein as unusual ways to detect,the people I've talked to in China mentioned that they had people who wear thermal imaging helmets that can see heat. They walk through airports etc and can see peoplethat have a fever. How's that for mass-scale detection ha ha.

Yeah, but can they also sniff out these buggers?
Terminator.jpg

LOL...Rrrrright, we deserve it. Because we in America are racists (well, according to some)?

Aloha, Mark

PS..... I fear that IF Walmart, CVS or some hospitals, etc... were to be selling or using these "Made in China" products...... Well, who is responsible for testing them (for safety) before they hit the shelves? What else is purposely Made in China to kill Americans? Rrrrright but.....didn't they already TRY? Example : Lead painted toys, tinted dog food, baby milk, Zantac, etc.....

Seems to me that America hasn't learned the lesson of trading with China and the CCP.

Eh, I don't think they'd go so far as to purposefully screw with medical devices. Granted, I agree that if such devices are to be manufactured elsewhere, they should be sold as partial goods to the states and tested/calibrated onshore before final packaging and sale.

China has a long history of unscrupulously defrauding everyone to make a buck. Fake COACH bags, fake Rolex, and knock-offs of just about anything you can get your hands on but made with inferior materials, plastics, metals, and workmanship. If it took a skilled artisan using premium materials to make the original, then you can guarantee an unskilled Chinese laborer has made similar with the cheapest material they could find. Even if their item is 75% off the value of the original, it is likely at least 500% the value of the time and materials used to make it. Good article on the subject: Meet The Man Fighting America's Trade War Against Chinese Counterfeits (It's Not Trump)

Either way, time to end our trade relationship with them. I'd be very happy to see Trump threaten the end of all NATO funding if the rest of the member countries do not also do the same. Time to treat them like a Cold War Enemy until such time as they fundamentally change their values.

There was a report that virus was recovered from a dog, but as I recall it was attributed to environmental contamination, rather than an infection in the animal.

Maybe we are just reading different stories but.....

First dog to test positive for coronavirus has died in Hong Kong

Not exactly the "smoking gun" because no autopsy was done to the dog though I'd have some fear for any dog's health and well being (if they were to be the sniff tester).

Aloha, Mark

PS......same dog? Though a different report perhapas....

The dog, whose infection was discovered in February, is believed to be the first known case of human-to-animal transmission of the virus.

Taken from: First dog to test positive for coronavirus dies

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR