JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

That's terrible to read.

I gotta wonder about this paragraph, though:

Patients with garden-variety coughs and headaches go from the E.R. to Grady Hospital's mobile emergency room for more treatment — kept away from the COVID-19 patients that have overwhelmed Atlanta's level one trauma center.

People go to the ER for headaches and coughs? I was always told not to bother unless your fever hit 104 and didn't come down with Tylenol. Anything less is just too expensive to have seen at the ER.

Get ready for invasion:

As of this writing, the long-term effects of the coronavirus pandemic remain uncertain. But one possible consequence is an acceleration of the end of the megacity era. In its place, we may now be witnessing the outlines of a new, and necessary, dispersion of population, not only in the wide open spaces of North America and Australia, but even in the megacities of the developing world.

Get ready for invasion:

Interesting idea but I don't think it will take hold. I mean there are people out there who adamantly believe there is just no reason to live in rural areas, there is no reason to own a car, etc. And it goes on and on. I don't think those poeple will change easily. I guess they want to be part of the regulated herd but I don't know what would cause these people to think this way really.

People go to the ER for headaches and coughs? I was always told not to bother unless your fever hit 104 and didn't come down with Tylenol. Anything less is just too expensive to have seen at the ER.
That, and what would/could they do for you at the ER for a headache/cough/cold that you couldn't do for yourself at home?

I guess they want to be part of the regulated herd but I don't know what would cause these people to think this way really.
Three kinds of people in the world...
1) Wolves
2) Sheep
3)Sheepdogs

Some people just wanna be sheeple...

Yikes! Far from surprising, but still bad news. I feel for the parents of the newborn baby. :(
My concern level continues to increase about my wife's due date of May 26. Things could be very bad by then.
She's not considered low risk pregnancy either, so home birth or birth center will not be possible. We'll have to be at the hospital... hope there are beds!

And the worst of it is going to be wondering if the staff are infectious.

@wp4, congratulations on the coming wee one. Children are such a beautiful blessing. Your concern is most understandable. Here's hoping for the best for you, mom, and the little person.

My concern level continues to increase about my wife's due date of May 26. Things could be very bad by then.
She's not considered low risk pregnancy either, so home birth or birth center will not be possible. We'll have to be at the hospital... hope there are beds!

And the worst of it is going to be wondering if the staff are infectious.
I'm similarly concerned. Wife is due between April 7th to May 5th; May 5th is when dr says gotta induce labor. We are presently at 34 weeks and trying to find online resources for remote Lamaze and labor classes that has either good, professional captions, or ASL interpreters; if Salem Hospital and Clinics decides to restrict all visitors :confused: Saw a sad article saying many mothers are having to go it alone due to new restrictions.. in NY and NJ :mad::s0054:

@wp4, congratulations on the coming wee one. Children are such a beautiful blessing. Your concern is most understandable. Here's hoping for the best for you, mom, and the little person.
@wp4 And don' fergit to git a gun in that young'ns hands just as soon as ya can, ya hear? ;)

@CamoDeafie And you, too! :)

Last Edited:
@wp4 And don' fergit to put a gun in that young'ns hands just as soon as ya can, ya hear? ;)
20200308_135642.jpg
Heck ya! The 5 year old has been shooting since he was 3.

So far I have been pretty impressed with how Salems hospital has been handling the current situation. The majority of the Covid 19 cases are being quarantined in a separate wing. Far from the birthing center and it has limited access. I hope they are doing the same at the hospital you will be going to.

I'm similarly concerned. Wife is due between April 7th to May 5th; May 5th is when dr says gotta induce labor. We are presently at 34 weeks and trying to find online resources for remote Lamaze and labor classes that has either good, professional captions, or ASL interpreters; if Salem Hospital and Clinics decides to restrict all visitors :confused: Saw a sad article saying many mothers are having to go it alone due to new restrictions.. in NY and NJ :mad::s0054:
I've read those same articles... best wishes to all 3 of you. I'm very interested to hear about your experience once you make it back home and get settled in, since it looks like you're a few weeks ahead in the pipeline.

So far I have been pretty impressed with how Salems hospital has been handling the current situation. The majority of the Covid 19 cases are being quarantined in a separate wing. Far from the birthing center and it has limited access. I hope they are doing the same at the hospital you will be going to.
My understanding of our hospital's policy is pretty much the same.

But with how fast things have changed in the last 2 weeks alone, I'm beginning to wonder how long they can keep the birthing docs, nurses, and staff isolated, only working with those giving birth. They'll need any hand and bed they can get as front line COVID-19 workers get fatigued or sick, and the hospital fills up.

Plus, the birthing staff will still be exposed to those coming in to give birth that could be infected.

Oh well, what can I do about it one way or the other? We'll say many prayers, grit our teeth, and deal with whatever we have to.

They aren't stopping but will continue to clean and inform people to be safe.

I have kin working on that site. They made more of a effort to not put workers at risk than any other Ive herd of .and not after shut downs sounds like they were on it before it was required. . i hope it is isolated and stays that way

Yikes! Far from surprising, but still bad news. I feel for the parents of the newborn baby. :(

Back in 1918 allot of kids wore still born at home . unless you were in the city and or wealthy . The Women must have been tough back then.
Doing so now would be a benefit if someone new what they were doing. The old school knowledge in many areas is priceless at times like these.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews