JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
prep time is over.. panic buying has set in. costco.com, mountainhouse.com... checkem out and see for yourself..
Was in Target yesterday. Store fully stocked of all the usual stuff. I keep hearing about panic buying, but have yet to see it. When the local grocers are out of beans and rice, I'll consider that panic buying.

Some in this thread keep going to the gloom and doom scenario, wouldn't it make more sense to wait until we have all the facts regarding
2019 n-CoV?

Japan responds by closing all public schools early thru the holidays...

"The measure, which will cost the Japanese economy billions of dollars, will impact 12.8 million students at nearly 35,000 schools nationwide, according to the country's education ministry.

The drastic measure comes amid rapidly growing concern about the spread of the virus across Japan and other parts of Asia, as the number of untraceable cases of the virus continues to rise. Japan now has around 900 cases, including more than 700 from a quarantined cruise ship. At least eight deaths have been confirmed."

Look in the emergency food section on costco online. Nothing there.

Sorry I don't want to spread doom & gloom. My wife won't stand for it either. It's cold in the garage.:)

Some in this thread keep going to the gloom and doom scenario, wouldn't it make more sense to wait until we have all the facts regarding
2019 n-CoV?
Eh, I'm too much of a pragmatist for doom and gloom. Mostly, I'm worried about my daughter's daycare closing for any length of time, my wife's job (she interacts with a lot of people), and what a quarantine would look like in Beaverton.

My wife and I have moved 4 times in the past 5 or so years and expect to have to move again in another year or two and again about a year or two after that before we can finally settle down some roots. So, unlike most of the more established folk on this forum, we live light. It's not within our abilities to simply amass years worth of stuff for the apocalypse doom and gloom. If I think that a for-real quarantine would happen to Beaverton and it would last for 4 weeks, then I'm buying 12 weeks of stuff and calling it a day. Y'all might see that as a gamble, but it's the best we can do.

So, while I don't care for the panic-posts, I do like the insight into what other pragmatists think about the consequences this will bring to us in another ~month or two. (It seems that quarantines aren't actually worth a damn, people being people, but that on this side of the world, we're about two month's or so behind China with regard to infections).

prep time is over.. panic buying has set in. costco.com, mountainhouse.com... checkem out and see for yourself..

Costco selling out of emergency supplies and TP here. But they do that every hurricane and then when its over try to return it all and get their money back. All the stores are out of masks.

Anyone know if running a heppa airfilter in a room with a sick person would help filter or blow crap all over?

no. If you are home and no one is sick just dont let sick people in and you will be fine. If they are already sick the Heppa filter will probably just blow the viruses around. (studies show it does not help kids with asthma to even clean up enough dust out of the air)

If someone is sick at home, leave or plan on wearing a N100 mask 24/7

2019 n-CoV?

with a 3.5% fatality rate with what test have been done, many places quarantining areas,first confirmed case that was a community spread in the US, an ill prepared government. I'd rather prepare for the doom and gloom. All tho I'm just getting extras of stuff that'll be good for years and stuff that we would use anyways.

I just found a box of 3M N95 masks at my office, part of the normal safety gear we carry for employees. I'm officially prepped now!

why a 20" and not 16"? Or a 10.5" with a can?
Just wondering, since I'm having the same thoughts.

Already got a 16. Something about a 20" and getting full velocity seems appealing.

Torn between classic look or modern with MLOK. Thinking the 20" PSA has for $550 seems ideal as just a entry point.

I dunno - this one may hurt a bit.

Depends on how soon you need access to your money and type of investments. Speaking of 401ks, If you can ride it out, you will be better off when the market recovers than paying penalties or moving it to a stable fund where it will just sit. Trying to time market corrections is not a good strategy and you usually lose out on the upswing.

I have 20-25 years until I need my money. I'll let it ride.

Depends on how soon you need access to your money and type of investments. Speaking of 401ks, If you can ride it out, you will be better off when the market recovers than paying penalties or moving it to a stable fund where it will just sit. Trying to time market corrections is not a good strategy and you usually lose out on the upswing.

I have 20-25 years until I need my money. I'll let it ride.

That makes total sense. I am old so cashed out and am using it up in lieu of going on SS.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads