JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Wearing a Tyvek suit is terrible, doesn't breathe, you'll sweat like crazy,soak your clothes.
Then you have to set up a De-con station for changing out. I would only consider if I had to care of a loved one at home as a last resort.
If I shave off my beard again, my wife said she will divorce me. "Chicken lips" was one of the kinder remarks ;)...
It's messy, but to get a better seal with facial hair (mask and Respirators) you can smear petroleum jelly (Vaseline) around the edges. I've done that when painting and around Acetone.

Respirators with replaceable filters is preferable, plus you can easily clean them. You can get also get P100 cartridges for them, and ones that will protect you from fumes from all the bleach you may be spraying.

If the coronavirus was coming from our southern border. Would America change it's attitude about the immigrants/migrants coming from that direction?:eek:

Aloha, Mark
Sooner or later, it WILL come from that direction! How do I know that? Because the vast majority of immigrants from that direction choose the illeagle route thereby not getting screened for ANY illness or criminal background!
Achoooo, sniff sniff. excuse me.

If it wasnt for fear of the virus, i would not have been able to make a wheel barrow full of money buying the stock Moderna " MRNA" last week and selling it this morning for a tidy profit.

There are thousands of people entering this country from China every day. At any given time you can look up on FlightRadar24 and find a dozen or more aircraft, heavies, or wide bodies 300 plus people on each plane flying to various US destinations.

Hajien Airlines or what ever airlines flies a 787 Dreamliner from Bejing to Las Vegas about 4 times a week. Again, probably 350 people on that plane, going to a destination where travelers all over the world go and then return home, exposed to who knows whatever. There has been much more exposure to all this already.

What the real thing here is, that the media, and in particular WSJ, Bloomberg (go figure azzhole), MSNBC and all the other MSM trash purveying outlets have managed to get the market to react to these fabricated supply chain disruptions, and have precipitated the last two days of down markets. This allows the institutional investors and the shorts to take advantage of fluctuating prices on stocks, like Apple, Google, Disney and those with strong international operations in China. There have been huge profits taken and there will be even larger profits taken when the market comes back up. When you see Apple down $ 5 a share, the institutional investors will buy hard and double their money or more on millions of dollars in trades, when Apple comes back $ 10 higher.

The corona virus is real, but not the plague some make it out to be. This is pure and a simple a very successful media manipulation by the financial hacks that spew the bullsh*t I read in my stock feed every day. I am just a small time investor who has managed to do pretty good the last couple of years, but the minute the hacks scream " go to gold, equities are tanking" you know they are trying to move the market and it has worked very well this time. See it for what it is, otherwise MSM would not be reporting it.

So I took a position in Dollar General yesterday, no international exposure, serving markets the chains can't or will not serve. We will see what happens. You have a better chance of dying from the regular flu than you do of some obscure virus from China.

Just for an example, this is a Emirates Airbus 380 from Dubai to San Francisco. Probably 400 people on this plane. It flies over my place in Central Oregon 3 times a week on that flight. That is how many people move around this world on any given day.

View attachment 663574
Not saying the crono virus is going to be a world wide killer but there is potential that some other plague some day will spread due to this modern means of transport exposing people all over the world in short order!

Just heard about the first reported case in the US (CA) of unknown origin. People think its not a big deal. Folks, its a new virus, the means no one is immune and anyone can get it. The death rate for the common flu is 3-4 per 100,000, with the Wuh Flu if its 2% deadly as reported, that would be 2,000 deaths per 100,000 infected.

I got that swine flu in 2009 when it was going around, that was horrible. I don't want to catch this so I'll be quarantining myself.

Just a heads up on P100. You cannot sleep in one. Takes to much breathing effort. N95 is possible. I use one to combat pollen allegies. Daytime not an issue when up and about.

Why it matters is if you are in home with an infected, sleeping in a mask might make sense.

Likewise sleeping in a proper gas mask is super tough. I never could. Like being under a compressive chest weight. Lot to be said for battery operated positive pressure face mask/shield HEPA filter P100 types.

Last Edited:
Likewise sleeping in a proper gas mask is super tough. I never could. Like being under a compressive chest weight. Lot to be said for battery operated positive pressure face mask/shield HEPA filter P100 types.

These help...

not that I'm aware of. at least not of the same type. I think that's the logic for vaccinations. If we dust off the conspiracy theory that this thing was constructed using CRISPR technology incorporating features like being biphasic.. well it could be the proverbial 'box of chocolates'.
One thing though I hope everyone realizes it is not like the flu..

So I haven't seen any cases in Iceland. I'm thinking it's time to go back. Anyone got a boat?
Greenland has a more self-sufficient agricultural and protein situation. They can - if necessary, lock down the entire country and still sustain themselves... kinda.
Well, better than most.

Election season coming
Kungflu expected to increase

Think I'll be getting me a 20" an some extra mags added to that to do list. Or if PSA's 74 comes out an had solid reviews I would consider.

why a 20" and not 16"? Or a 10.5" with a can?
Just wondering, since I'm having the same thoughts.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads