JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
What I find very interesting/confusing is how many people are so polarized on the subject, some say its no bid deal and nothing to worry about while others are saying it is going to be a castastrophe pandemic level threat!
It is soooooo hard to wade through all the opinions and try to form one for yourself and be somewhat objective about it all.:oops::eek:!!!!!

I think that this is where the media's desperation for viewers and their over the top sensationalizing of every one of these does the people a huge disservice. After SARS, MERS, swine flu, bird flu, etc etc, alot of people are desensitized to it. Throw in YouTube, where every idiot on the planet has a platform and can pass themselves off as experts, yeah, it becomes super hard to wade through the BS.

Like I already said, do some common sense things to prepare for bad situations, while maintaining your sanity and live your life and hope for the best.

If you're serious...

Dude, thank you.

Election season coming
Kungflu expected to increase

Think I'll be getting me a 20" an some extra mags added to that to do list. Or if PSA's 74 comes out an had solid reviews I would consider.

Ace hardware, but you better move NOW, they are going super fast! I just picked up 5 of their activated Charcoal types with the cartridges, not cheap, but will last while their needed!

Harbor Freight Tools also has the N95 rated Masks in stock, but moving fast!
They also have the Nitril gloves, good time to stock up!

NAPA automotive is hit and miss, but the two stores I just checked showed items in stock! Don't wait!

CDC Warns: Your Facial Hair May Keep Face Mask From Working

Back in the Day, Coasties used to sport beards, it was a thing. Think 1970s-80s. Then came worries of chemical warfare and facial hair was gone, except if medically approved. (a small number of people will get in-grown facial hair if they don't grow it out)

If you are sporting that Mountain man look, or hipster vibe, you might want to prep a razor or two.

Interesting. I have a full beard now, but am seeing my hair-dresser tomorrow with a mind to go to a much trimmer look. Wife thinks Van Dyke is the correct look, while I was more into to a Balbo, but think will go with the former. :s0112:

Interesting. I have a full beard now, but am seeing my hair-dresser tomorrow with a mind to go to a much trimmer look. Wife thinks Van Dyke is the correct look, while I was more hip to a Balbo, but think will go with the former. :s0112:

One of the many reasons military requires you to shave beyond uniform/appearance is the Pro-mask won't get a full seal if you have thick facial hair.

Also we used these (only in training) for the full experience of MOP level hell.

But basically if its getting down to that point you've got much bigger problems. If yall wanna go the extra mile you can look into purchasing CBRN equipment.

CBRN stands for Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear.

Last Edited:
because I'd rather not shave to get a proper mask seal, I looked up alternatives.....
- Found these inside-the-nose filters, that are apparently FDA approved, even for viruses.

any thoughts?
1582765239530.png

Every year the normal flu kills 12,000 to 61,000 in the USA. Coronavirus has killed 0.

Is coronavirus a pandemic? Yes, pandemic merely means it has spread to multiple nations around the world - has nothing to do with severity.

Death rates, for coronavirus appear to be worse for elderly folks:

Every year the normal flu kills 12,000 to 61,000 in the USA. Coronavirus has killed 0.

Is coronavirus a pandemic? Yes, pandemic merely means it has spread to multiple nations around the world - has nothing to do with severity.

Death rates, for coronavirus appear to be worse for elderly folks:

Yearly influenza death rate 0.1 - 0.2

Coronavirus death rate 2% +

I have an elderly grandfather I help with, a pregnant wife, and a son with weak respiratory system. I'm preparing as best I can for them.

For those worried about beards and seals I found this.

Seems more like a field expedient solution of a quick google search:

Sounds like they are trying to make masks that seal at the neck instead of the chin/jaw line. Could also buy one of those full suit with built in respirators if ya got the pockets.

Of course needing to use that on the daily again would mean much bigger problems and would life really be worth living further at that point.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top