JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
There is now a thread warning of imminent closure.
Leaves me wondering;
Does this red flag increase the readership of the post through voyeur and vicarious excitement?
Since most TV programs are filled with violence and debauchery one would think its good for business..

F.....

Washington state officials have acknowledged the loss of "hundreds of millions of dollars" to an international fraud scheme that hammered the state's unemployment insurance system and could mean even longer delays for thousands of jobless workers still waiting for legitimate benefits.

The state made collecting benefits faster by eliminating the one-week waiting period during which it would check with employers to find out if the claim was legit. I wonder who's going to pay? Nigeria sure is doing well though.

EDIT: it should come out of the next aid package: USAID Provides $89 Million in New Assistance to Nigeria

Some of us, may be headed for a longer "lockdown" than others.

Diabetics could be forced to shield at home against Covid-19 following a review by government scientists after it emerged sufferers are at significantly greater risk of dying if they catch the virus.

Diabetics may be forced to self-isolate at home after lockdown is lifted, government review suggests

Aloha, Mark

Well crap. One of my kids has Type 1 Diabetes, the autoimmune kind not the caused by obesity Type 2.

ma,

DIY...it's easy.

Buy a Wahl Senior clipper. (it's what barbers use)

Leave off any comb.

Now, slowly rake it over yer noggin.

Back and forth and all over - that's it.

It'll be 'almost' as close as shaving without the bother of lather, nicks or burn.

Been doing it my own self for nigh on 30 years using my own Wahl Senior...that sucka has longevity - it ain't never broke down.

I the exact same thing but I do it in the shower but before you turn the water on, drain plugged. Much easier to clean up hair out of a big, acrylic bowl than off the floor and countertops. Then just start your shower and rinse all the itchy hair off your body

Heads up—the wife got notification from HR that someone has applied for unemployment using her info. She wouldn't have applied for it, as we're doing ok. Apparently, that's the scam. They're targeting high-earners who they assume wouldn't apply for it. HR said 4 others in the organization have been hit as well.

ma,

DIY...it's easy.

Buy a Wahl Senior clipper. (it's what barbers use)

Leave off any comb.

Now, slowly rake it over yer noggin.

Back and forth and all over - that's it.

It'll be 'almost' as close as shaving without the bother of lather, nicks or burn.

Been doing it my own self for nigh on 30 years using my own Wahl Senior...that sucka has longevity - it ain't never broke down.

I have cut my own hair for almost 10 years now. I have Wahl clippers have have some clipper oil that use very sparingly. I leave the comb off as well. Saves me a lot of money over the past 10 years.

I have cut my own hair for almost 10 years now. I have Wahl clippers have have some clipper oil that use very sparingly. I leave the comb off as well. Saves me a lot of money over the past 10 years.

I've had a set for a couple decades but only recently used them to cut my own hair. I used the clipper gaurd that leaves about an inch -- was really easy except for the back of my neck which I had my wife cut -- not really ready to start working on a mullet.

Well....just got update from GF. The nail salon where she works at in Vancouver, WA will NOT be opening on June 1st. Oh well....

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The fear is strong here.

Hmm, interesting blanket statement.

Learning about a potential concern isn't fear.

It's simply making oneself aware. The individual can then make their own decisions based upon information presented.

If you decide to take the information and "be afraid", that's up to you & perfectly fine (albeit a bit odd IMO).

Most reasonable folks take information, process it, and decide upon the best measures to fit themselves and/or there family. This is better, again, IMO.

Last Edited:
Don't know if it's true or not. But, I could imagine that she's just "taking care of" her base.

You know?

The Dems of Portland and the other cities that keep her in power.

Aloha, Mark

I'm going along with both rounds one and probable upcoming Round Two of the Coronavirus checks from the Feds. I do NOT support giving the unemployed an additional six hundred bucks a week. That's ridiculous.

As of today, nearly 39 million Americans have filed, or are ON unemployment. The approximate total work force in America is 165 million people. You do the math. Most people think that the Great Depression began in late October, 1929 with the stock market collapse. But the truth is no one really noticed much difference to anything (except rich people and stockholders) for a few months. It wasn't until late spring of 1930 when plants really began closing and layoffs went crazy. We reached bottom in May 1931.

At that time, about 30% of people were out of work, with a slightly lower rate in cities. In some rural areas, it was hitting about 50%. We are not very far from some of those numbers now.

The REAL question is whether or not companies will put people back to work in huge numbers AFTER the lockdowns end, or if they will even be able to do so. Small biz accounts for 47% of employment in the USA, and many of them have already gone under, with many more hanging on by a thread. (< 500 employees) Some larger corporations have already filed for bankruptcy. If they can't get a handle on things post-lockdown, things are going to get very bad. How bad? We just hope it doesn't end up like the video below, which is a scene from the movie, The Grapes of Wrath. One thing about this picture is that no matter how bad off you think YOU are, other people are worse off than you. Like the Joads.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews