JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Regarding the treatment of viruses, even without new therapies, for COVID-19 we have many more options than we would have in 1918. The issue is finding out which combination of existing antiviral treatments may be effective (eg, in HK they are studying interferon beta-1b, lopinavir-ritonavir, and ribavirin in combination with standard of care).

HIV can be prevented if antiviral prophylaxis is initiated early. We've also basically cured hepatitis C and now that knowledge is turning towards hepatitis B.

Modern medicine has advanced a lot regarding the treatment of viruses in the past century.
I said we arent much better off trying to treat a new viral disease now than we were in 1918. One for which no vaccines or treatments exist. I didnt say that there are no well-known much researched viral diseases today for which vaccines or treatments exist.

It is also certainly the case that we can do the research involved in developing treatments or vaccines much faster now than we could then. Meaning there might be serious progress within three years or so instead of it taking a decade or more. Three to five years from now, if you get cocrud its likely that we will be able to do more for you than a doc could in 1918. But right now, not really. The treatment of choice for the severely ill seems to be ventilators, a treatment that is increasingly looking counterproductive. Back in 1918 maybe they would have bled you.

I know this is a long thread but I for one really appreciate all the information submitted here. Yes, there are different view points but I (we) have had the benefit of seeing a significant amount of information compiled here. It has become a good source of up-to-the minute information beyond what is offered by the slanted news channels. Hats off to those contributing. Thanks.

FortRock

I got news today.......
That the GF's nail salon (here in Vancouver, WA) will be back and operating on June 1st.

Now the question remains......
When can I get my hair cut in Portland, OR?

Aloha, Mark

Thought I'd throw in a little levity. :)

_nc_ohc=_l56yoBmfnsAX_dGLNs&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg

UK scientists discover most seriously ill Covid-19 patients have extremely low T-cell count, raising hopes for possible treatment

Not Testosterone

T-cells clear infection from the body.

edit:
Add link for further info on the T-Cell studies

Last Edited:
ma,

DIY...it's easy.

Buy a Wahl Senior clipper. (it's what barbers use)

Leave off any comb.

Now, slowly rake it over yer noggin.

Back and forth and all over - that's it.

It'll be 'almost' as close as shaving without the bother of lather, nicks or burn.

Been doing it my own self for nigh on 30 years using my own Wahl Senior...that sucka has longevity - it ain't never broke down.

ma,

DIY...it's easy.

Buy a Wahl Senior clipper. (it's what barbers use)

Leave off any comb.

Now, slowly rake it over yer noggin.

Back and forth and all over - that's it.

It'll be 'almost' as close as shaving without the bother of lather, nicks or burn.

Been doing it my own self for nigh on 30 years using my own Wahl Senior...that sucka has longevity - it ain't never broke down.

I_will_allow_it.gif

Wait a second......let me think on that.

dr-evil.jpg

OK, Ok, ok.....

how_about_NO.jpg

LOL.

you-tried.gif

But NOT for me.:D

Aloha, Mark

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show