JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Washington - No Recreational Fishing

This I don't get. Fishing puts you far away from people (aside from combat salmon fishing) AND reduces supermarket load (for the catchers).

... The reason for all the "don't wear a mask" messages was that we didn't have enough masks for even medical workers, but no one wanted to honestly say we had a shortage, so they lied. ...

This is an extremely bad way to go about this because 1) It reduces credibility which can have future consequences and 2) the very transparency of the lie probably causes people to hoard masks more, not less.

If they just came out and said "people on the frontlines need masks more than the people sitting at home arguing on the internet" -- they probably would have gotten a lot of donations.

... Moreover, Obama didn't increase federal income taxes (Obamacare increased some taxes at the margins) ...

Obamacare, i.e., Nixon's healthcare plan with the liberal parts stripped out, may not have increased taxes, but self-employed people who buy insurance sure noticed. I went from a crumby plan with a Health Savings Account that cost maybe $500 or $600 per month for me and my wife, to an even crumbier plan costing $1350/mo with an even more ridiculous deductible. Obamacare taxed me by making my rates double, eliminating any choice in companies, and providing me with objectively terrible coverage. I'm paying close to $16,000 a year to get nothing at all.

Same thing happened to my ex after I divorced her and she had to get her own insurance (self-employed court reporter). Thou$and$ of dollar$ for nothing.
Her deductible is $12,000! She said, "With a deductible like that, basically, I don't have health insurance."
Even tried to find a way to put her back on my company-sponsored plan, but once divorced, there's no way to do that unless I marry her again. :eek:

Wasn't sure if it was caught or not but an EO from KB in oregon prevents eviction of residence for failure to pay rent enforced by police. Sounds like you can still be served notice. Reason to prevent further spread of COVID19 at a critical time. Duration 90 days.

@Hueco

If she doesn't have one, she should open a Health Savings Account.
I've got one and absolutely love it over the FSA. Dunno if she has one. Will have to check on that. Thanks for the reminder!
Nice thing about my HSA, my employer tosses in $1,000 on the 1st of January every year. :s0155:

Last Edited:
Vigilante quarantine order:

Police in Maine are investigating an alleged incident in which armed residents used a tree to block a man's driveway in order to quarantine him and his roommates ...

EDIT: more detailed version: Maine residents try to force quarantine of out-of-towners by cutting down tree, police say

EDIT2: even better: Report: Men with guns cut down tree, block driveway to quarantine Vinalhaven residents

Last Edited:
Welp, we're gettin' there...

Next thing'll be lynch mobs.

Last Edited:
And here we are! My, how quickly we moved from vigilantes to a lynching.
Those New Yorkers... such a friendly and welcoming bunch...

Then there's this:
Lundy, who lives in Bedford-Stuyvesant, has 17 prior arrests, on charges including drug possession, trespass, assault and strangulation, sources said.
Could there be a mental instability problem here? Ya think!!!??

And what of this:
After letting Lundy go with a summons, the hospital didn't contact the NYPD until almost five hours after Marshall died, sources said.
WTF??? o_O

Last Edited:
If you guys want to debate economics, start another thread.

Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was your thread.

But if you think economics isn't going to be an important COVID issue, you might want to read this:

We might survive the virus, only to see the US economy go down the toilet.

You know the custom is to burn witches and heretics at the stake - right?
f04f3a0ffdfdbee78f811772ac7fe1c5.jpg 78d96a35cacb54441ac43043ce24d98f.jpg 2e0189b406b426f20a62bd0247e4f1a2.jpg

On topic....... one of my friends wife's relatives have gotten Covid-19 and aren't expected to make it.. in Arizona. The two are sisters, and from the Navajo Tribe

What I find most amusing about this cartoon is that the tide comes in twice a day and still, we build our castles in its path and even then need a person to warn us about it, but ignor that person.

Or they burn him/her at the stake - figuratively. I've seen this happen time and time again - in many different venues. Current events are illustrative of this.

People don't want to hear the truth. It annoys them. It makes them think and thinking is hard. Thinking rationally is harder yet. Researching the facts and treating them objectively is even harder.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top