JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend of mine is looking for an AR and he found someone that is willing to part with a Core15 MOE M4 Piston Rifle. The MSRP on this rifle is $1499, but they're sold out as far into the future as Core15 can discuss (if you can even get them on the phone to order). The guy with the AR has stated that he wants $2500 for it and I told my friend that was probably a bit steep. But at the same time, I have ZERO clue what comparable ARs are going for right now.

Obviously this is $1,000 above MSRP, but he fears not buying it now could mean he won't be able to buy one later. It sounds like the owner isn't stuck on the $2,500 price, but what is a reasonable value for this rifle in today's gun/ammo dollars?

<broken link removed>

Its only worth $2500 IF you friends fears are worth $1000+...................

Thanks. I've suggest something similar to him. He started to ask me about what other piston ar's are going for and I simply haven't kept up with the pricing on these over the last few months... I have no clue...

Since you love the gougers 3k seems fair they gotta eat to right?

Charging MARKET price is not gouging. Demand is 10 times stronger than supply and this is the result. Seeking information on what market price is for a piston AR is my goal. I appreciate the incredible value you just added to this thread.

Let me ask this question differently because it seems like something is a miss here...

A FRIEND of mine is interested in buying an AR. He found one through another contact that off the cuff said $2,500 for this rifle. I'm not too familiar with the AR world and have no clue what the pre-crazy value was on this gun vs. others that are made by other manufacturers like Bushmaster, Colt, and Smith & Wesson. With TODAY'S prices, is $2,500 a reasonable price for this rifle? Should it be $2,000? Is it only $1,500? The MSRP on this weapon is $1500, but that is only worth a damn if you can find it in a retail location.

So, is this weapon worth $2,500? What is the highest you'd pay for it?

<broken link removed>

Looking at completed auctions (that actually sold) on gunbroker shows them everywhere from $1,300 to $2,500 with most being in the $1,500-$2,000 range. So I'd tell him to offer $1,500 or $1,750 or so and see what the seller says.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top