JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The LEOs may have been following their agency's protocol for a barricaded hostage situation. Second guessing is for those media folks employed to do so. A 19 minute response time may be the best that rural residents can expect which should be a wake-up call for many living in that county or supported by a thin blue line elsewhere.

Last Edited:
Disgusting.

The fact that the 911 operator could hear gasping and other noises meant that SOMEBODY was fighting to be alive.

Pretty sad all round.

I'm wondering if any pols will recognize that there may just be a meth problem?

This is the result when it's just ignored and swept under the rug. Slaps on wrists, revolving doors & considered just a ticket offense.

I was reading the comments on the Oregonian. People need to realize that LE's job is to enforce the law. They have no obligation to protect. Not putting them down, it's just the way it is.

Why didn't they shoot him in the legs?

Kate brown stain could have released him and reformed him.

Tried to put my Anti-gunner hat on but it doesn't fit......o_O

This happened to my ex's friend years ago.
In Tacoma.
Her drugged up boyfriend.
Shot her because she would not give him money for drugs she locked herself in the laundry room and called 911 .
Cops show up and wait and wait and wait.
Trying to get drug addict to give up.
All night long.
He finally gives up next morning.
She bled out and died.
Later determine.
That if they would have made entry when they got there she could have had a chance.

Just echoing what others have said. Not leos job to protect, as defined by law.

Not mad at the Leos. Mad at the politicians who create and profit from the situation, and for making it hard for people to defend themselves.

In a better world. The thousands of dollars you put towards property taxes would help fund home defense tactics and firearms training and education for willing citizens.

@EPS I'd imagine that never set too well. Still.
Yes .
I don't know what happened to him .
I was all ready kinda out of the picture.
I do remember my ex telling me about him.
And the situation he was a LONG SHOREMEN in Tacoma .
Got hooked on smoking ice.or meth.
Then went crazy .
I do remember her saying it went into a long court battle.
His family put up bail and he was out for a bit.
Go figure.
I didn't really know her that good.
I know she had a daughter that was like 14 or 15 at the time.

Then and now, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Young cops now are required to call a supervisor for just about everything instead of using good judgment and common sense to resolve a problem quickly. My supervisors were the last people I wanted at a scene. Too many rear echelon leaders going by the book.

remfs in the military and Law Enforcement who need to just do their paperwork and let NCO's and street cops do their jobs.

BTW, what in the world is it with meth heads?

What the heck is so appealing about this drug people are willing to quickly lose their health, self respect, teeth, and freedom for....

I don't get it.

What the heck is so appealing about this drug people are willing to quickly lose their health, self respect, teeth, and freedom for....

I don't get it.

I couldn't tell you. I've lost several friends and acquaintances to the nasty stuff. Some, I had the opportunity to speak with. Sincerely, and it did nothing beyond sentimental tears for my concern. Sadly, some have OD'd, and others are riding the same train.

Well, that's tragic - and disturbing.

Some years back, the sheriff didn't have enough funding to provide night time coverage for those of us who live in Polk County. That's when I got serious about home defense.

I know a young man who worked at a local hardware store, and then became a deputy here. Very nice young fella, and he seems to enjoy the job. But as far as I know, he's not a seasoned MP who got training and experience in the military. I hope the sheriff has trained & equipped him, and all of his other deputies, to be able to deal with a situation like the one in Clackamas County.

It is hard to understand why the first deputies to arrive didn't go inside and put a stop to the rampage. If the man had been shooting at them, I could see how they'd want to take cover, and wait for SWAT. But it doesn't sound like there were shots being fired at them, or inside the house.

Stay safe, friends.

Last Edited:
remfs in the military and Law Enforcement who need to just do their paperwork and let NCO's and street cops do their jobs.

I don't get it.

I did meth for 7 years & any addict should tell you that meth is a big lie. It makes you feel better than you've ever felt before. It will make you think you have everything you could ever want & all the while you'll be barefoot & broke. Everything is just coming up roses, until ya run out-- then the scramble to get more ensues & most addicts won't care who they screw over just as long as they find a way to score a little more

I cleaned myself up in 1997 & I still have my health, self respect & all my teeth but I had to dump a good friend after he finally stole from me. He called me the other day, said he had a bad dream that I blamed him for doing something bad that he didn't do & wondering if he could come & work with me again? I had zero trouble telling him that we were all done--He has been shooting meth for years and doesn't have any interest in quitting whatsoever. He's the last white guy living in his neighborhood & rents two rooms out to other human garbage like himself. Most of the other homes around him are rundown, with boarded up broken windows--dude was a good friend of mine (I thought) for well over 20 years but I know he is beyond help as he has zero wish to quit using

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads