JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Arm-chair quarterbacking?

Yes. Arm-chair quarterbacking. People on here who no nothing of the facts of the case stating they could have done better.

From what I've read, suspect barricaded himself in his house with an AR. Based on info to police, wife and child were in immediate danger, so police made entry.

I imagine a barricaded person with an AR firing on you while you were making entry wouldn't be the easiest way to score hits on said subject.

Again, I'm sure you all could have done fine with you pistol going in there and stop the threat with 1-2 rounds.

Not sure where you got that info. Pretty hard to charge attempted murder if he didn't fire his gun.

Hillsboro police officer, accused of trying to kill cop while off duty, held on $1 million bail | OregonLive.com

as quoted by Sherriff spokesman and reported by new six !
Sgt. David Thompson, spokesperson for the sheriff's office, said that five Forest Grove police officers, four sheriff's deputies and one Hillsboro police officer, not Cannon, are believed to have discharged their weapons

wou42, you seem to be quite upset about this are you by chance a LEO ?

Not upset at all. I just find the ignorance and hatred for LEO weird. Again, people on here are quick to judge, critique, and analyze what happened without any knowledge of the incident.

"Cops can't shoot" and "they need more training" yet any attempt for LEO to demonstrate militaristic tactics or weapons and people get their panties in a bunch over that as well.

And, yes, he fired his weapon. You, for example, are spreading false info on the incident. He did fire his weapon. Here is a quote:

Until Tuesday, authorities had not said whether Timothy Patrick Cannon fired during the incident, which resulted in 10 Washington County law enforcement officers firing their weapons. Sgt. David Thompson, a Washington County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said Cannon, 46, discharged a firearm but would not specify what type of weapon he used or other details about the shooting.

A lot of arm-chair quarterbacking from a group of people who:

A) weren't there
B) probably haven't been in a gunfight inside of a residence

How about a scenario where cover-fire was laid down to get a wounded officer out of the house? That would involve a few officers firing their weapons without trying to score hits.

Such as yourself for instance ?

Spreading false info ? where is that coming from ? that quote was directly from KOIN TVs website, not my words the words of the Sherriff spokes person ! and I was simply asking if you were LEO !, and I by no means am a criminal now saying that I have by no means been lilly white my whole life but who here has. I do have a great respect for LEO and the job they do, I would not want it. They are damned if they do and they damned if they don't (in the publics eyes).

A lot of arm-chair quarterbacking from a group of people who:

A) weren't there
B) probably haven't been in a gunfight inside of a residence

How about a scenario where cover-fire was laid down to get a wounded officer out of the house? That would involve a few officers firing their weapons without trying to score hits.

1. I'm a keyboard commando, not an arm-chair quarterback. I retired from TecmoBowl and MaddenNFL years ago.
2. The point is to make jokes given the attitudes of the gun control fanatics who say you never need more than 1,5,7, or 10 rounds.

I imagine a barricaded person with an AR firing on you while you were making entry wouldn't be the easiest way to score hits on said subject. I agree.

Again, I'm sure you all could have done fine with you pistol going in there and stop the threat with 1-2 rounds. Nope, not saying I could have.

I am waiting for the whole story.

Do I believe the cops will give us the whole story? No.
Do I hate cops? No.
Do incidents like this one help the civilians put more trust in LE or in their ability to use a firearm? No.
Do all LE act like Cannon? No.
Does having a 13 year LE veteran do something like this look good for the LE image as a whole? No.
Will LE try to cover up facts to help them looks as good as they can while dealing with this incident? Yes, I believe they will.
Will Officer Cannon be shown favoritism by LE, DA and the courts? Yes, probably.
Am I a bad guy or a criminal? No.

Have I said enough? Yes. :D

Sorry if I came off rude in this....I just have what I believe to be good information that the officers responded and acted very bravely and put the safety of others above themselves. I don't like to see people who do this get trashed about tactics, abilities, or even their integrity.

What I believe is that patrol officers arrived on a hectic scene where suspect was barricaded inside his home with an AR. Police officers made entry to help faciiltate the safety of child and wife due to specific threats. Police officers did so with their duty pistols, knowing they were facing a barricaded man with a rifle. Knowing they were outgunned and outpositioned, they ingnored their own safety because of the dangers to the child and still entered the residence.

Bottom line, no one got killed and the wife and child are safe. Bad guy is in jail. And it is crazy to think that police will "cover up" or "help" the guy who just opened fire on them. I am fairly certain that everyone involved hopes this piece of crap goes away.

Remember this is sarcasm "Ban cops with gun"
OW and he was just misunderstood and we should look at his upbringing and with a little counseling we should get him back on the force in 6 or 7 months.
I here that the union wants the cops to foot the bill for his defiance because it is a medical breakdown.

"And it is crazy to think that any police officer would "cover up" or "help" the guy who just opened fire on them is insane."

If the guy was not a cop then I would totally agree with you. So I will just watch and see.

I think cops should have any tools that will help them with their job solong as they stick to the oath they took, That said if civilains can not have more than 7 rounds Retired cops should have to follow the same rules as everyone else they are not special and should not get special treatment are they better than a service man/woman No
Maybe, PDXoriginal.

O'yeah forgot one...

Should LE be able to keep 7+ round magazines if law abiding civilians cant? No.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top