JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why should LE get to keep 7+ round mags if law abiding citizens cant?
Why should LE get to keep "assault riffles" if law abiding citizens cant?

Well, first off, I don't think there should be any type of ban. Like almost all of the people on this board, I am a huge fan of the second amendment.

Second, if there is a ban, I feel that police should be able to carry larger capacity magazines because if a major fundamental difference. In a active shooter, or any threat that is armed, police must respond and put themselves in he middle of it. Non-LEO, has the choice to not get involved and walk away.

I know that there would be times that non-LEO would be forced to act and that is why I don't believe in any additional restrictions/bans. But while you sit at home watching TV and there is a shooter at the Mall, nobody calls you to go inside and deal with the problem. Police are called upon to intentionally put themselves into harms way.

Again: I don't think there should be any gun bans!!!! Just explaining why I feel that if there is, why LEO's should be able to keep large capacity mags.

Why should LE get to keep 7+ round mags if law abiding citizens cant?
Why should LE get to keep "assault riffles" if law abiding citizens cant?

I agree, I just reverse it.

Why should I not have 7+ round mags if cops can?
Why should I not have "assault rifles" if cops can?

I do the same job in my home (or wherever I am threatened) as cops do on the street. Stopping the threat is the same goal for me and cops.

What some can't understand, there is DEEP brotherhood among LEOs. The bond is strong enough fellow officers have no problem breaking their oaths and laws to cover up another officer's mess up.

Domestic violence is a big problem among LEOs, especially the ones living in their own jurisdiction and would have the benefit of their own fellow officers respond.

A few years back several Sherwood pd and either Portland pd or Multnomah county sheriff deputies were also involved, were all having sex with a 17 year old police explorer. At the very least they should have been charged with Sex Abuse 3 or Rape 3 but nope they were all allowed to resign, no charges and they got keep their law enforcement certifications.

LEOs will take care of their own and do whatever they can to keep problems in house, well as long as they can successfully cover it up and get away with it.

Well, I believe that LE should be able to own and have 7+ round magazines. I believe that it should be a tool used by LE as well as civilians to help them defeat a bad guy/s.

What I can not understand is the reasoning that while the LE should get the opportunity to use the 7+ round mags to help defend themselves from the bad guy/s, the civilians cant.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top