JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This comment from news channel six.
Sgt. David Thompson, spokesperson for the sheriff’s office, said that five Forest Grove police officers, four sheriff’s deputies and one Hillsboro police officer, not Cannon, are believed to have discharged their weapons.
And to my amazement no one was seriously wounded ! I guess the new training method is spray and pray !

Jeez, I thought the OK corral happened a long time ago.. except people actually hit their targets there. Ten officers on paid administrative leave and one in jail?. Some poor schmuck or two is gonna have to pull a pile of overtime.. but why bother calling them with that little display of ineptitude.
Speaking of aptitude, LAPD swat prides/ed itself with hardly ever firing a shot but getting the job done. Why wasn't a "good" swat team summoned/employed?
ug

What I would like to know is why did 10 COPS charge in to the house. Talk about asking for trouble and stupid. 20 rounds fired and one cop hit in the hand with shrapnel. How could the bad cop miss with 10 good cops standing in one room? Because I don't think he fired his gun. Good cops seen the bad cop had a gun and just started shooting.

Have you ever shot at someone when they were shooting at you? % go WAY down!
Terrible situation, could you imagine shooting at your buddy? simply crazy.

As a matter of fact, Thankfully no, I did however train for years with the military in urban combat and can only hope if I would have ever been in that situation the constant training would have kicked in ! which is kinda my point here, The average patrol officer does not have the constant training to deal with a situation of that magnitude. not to mention they were going into another cops house more than likely with guards down because it was one of there own ! If that would have been a non officers home the results would probably been different ! and all to often you see news story's cops fire 23 times and hit no one or they hit innocent bystanders.

What I would like to know is why did 10 COPS charge in to the house. Talk about asking for trouble and stupid. 20 rounds fired and one cop hit in the hand with shrapnel. How could the bad cop miss with 10 good cops standing in one room? Because I don't think he fired his gun. Good cops seen the bad cop had a gun and just started shooting.
For what I heard on my scanner is they did not rush in they carefully went in found the mother and child then continued to deal with cannon and for what I heard had a at 15

A lot of arm-chair quarterbacking from a group of people who:

A) weren't there
B) probably haven't been in a gunfight inside of a residence

How about a scenario where cover-fire was laid down to get a wounded officer out of the house? That would involve a few officers firing their weapons without trying to score hits.

For what I heard on my scanner is they did not rush in they carefully went in found the mother and child then continued to deal with cannon and for what I heard had a at 15

Can a scanner pick up everything?
I live a mile from a small town, and wondered if I could pick up city, county,and state chatter?
I've never thought of owning a scanner. But it would make for fun times, while reloading in the shop.

A lot of arm-chair quarterbacking from a group of people who:

A) weren't there
B) probably haven't been in a gunfight inside of a residence

How about a scenario where cover-fire was laid down to get a wounded officer out of the house? That would involve a few officers firing their weapons without trying to score hits.

Well after hearing that the officer that owned the home did not fire his weapon and that the wounded officer was shot by an on duty officer, I don't see where the cover fire theory fits.

When an officer is down the officers are to lay down cover fire to be able to get the downed officer out of harms way. That cover fire is to keep the shooter's head(s) down to extract the downed officer. Same thing in the military.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top