JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A lot of cop haters on here. Sorry, the LEO can ask me any question he/she wants to. I don't care. I am legal and have nothing to worry about. If it makes their job easier and helps in letting them go home to their family at the end of the day, I am supportive. They don't know who you are when they stop you and there is an increase in LEO's being shot. Many of those who they stop are gang bangers and they have good cause to be careful.
That's really sweet of you but a cops job is to get tickets and convictions.If he can get ANYTHING on you he will.It's his job
DONT SAY ANYTHING YOU DONT HAVE TO.
The cop ain't worried about you getting home to your family,just making an arrest or giving a ticket

That's really sweet of you but a cops job is to get tickets and convictions.If he can get ANYTHING on you he will.It's his job
DONT SAY ANYTHING YOU DONT HAVE TO.
The cop ain't worried about you getting home to your family,just making an arrest or giving a ticket

You do realize that police officers don't get bonuses for tickets and arrests, right? Now, officers in a traffic unit are expected to go out and enforce traffic laws. The simple ways to avoid getting caught is to (1) don't commit vioaltions, or (2) make sure you know where their favorite spots to run radar are and don't speed through there. I believe that the majority of law abiding people to want the police to go out and arrest criminals, and get convictions, so not sure what your beef there is.

I don't get hassled by the police because I tend not to be doing anything wrong, even though I am convered with tattoos.

You do realize that police officers don't get bonuses for tickets and arrests, right? Now, officers in a traffic unit are expected to go out and enforce traffic laws. The simple ways to avoid getting caught is to (1) don't commit vioaltions, or (2) make sure you know where their favorite spots to run radar are and don't speed through there. I believe that the majority of law abiding people to want the police to go out and arrest criminals, and get convictions, so not sure what your beef there is.

I don't get hassled by the police because I tend not to be doing anything wrong, even though I am convered with tattoos.
I must have missed where mjbskwim mentioned bonuses for tickets and arrests. I personally doubt they do, but it has been shown that they can receive promotion faster for more arrests and tickets.

The city of Dallas, OR recently proposed to the City Council to hire two new police officer positons. One position is for traffic enforcement and the proposal estimates that revenue from cititations from that officer will pay for both positions.

"Revenue Enhancement" documented in black and white. :rolleyes:

The city of Dallas, OR recently proposed to the City Council to hire two new police officer positons. One position is for traffic enforcement and the proposal estimates that revenue from cititations from that officer will pay for both positions.

"Revenue Enhancement" documented in black and white. :rolleyes:
Somebody said earlier that cops don't et bonuses for more tickets.
Yes and no
Not exactly monetary bonuses but they do get to keep their jobs.
If they don't wite tickets why have them around?
I have red the don't even have quotas. Then why is there more cops out at the end of the month?
Thy need arrests or tickets to show why there location/field office exists.
Just like any other government office

There are plenty of privately recorded department briefings where the Sgt is saying "well quotas are not legal for us to impose upon you but I want to make sure that you understand that the chief expects you to to have this many DUI, this many speeding, this many so and so and so."
Its no secret that while there is no quota, there's a quota.

It's encouraging productive work in many cases. If three motor officers are each writing 80 tickets a week and another is writing 15 then yes, they will be talked to. I find it a bit funny that we complain about lazy government workers but when a supervisor actually does his/her job and holds employees accountable (by making sure they are trying to find drunk drivers, aggressive driving violations, criminals in general) then we yell "quota".

Personally I never had a quota...they let me write as many tickets as I wanted. (That's bad cop humor by the way.)

It's encouraging productive work in many cases. If three motor officers are each writing 80 tickets a week and another is writing 15 then yes, they will be talked to. I find it a bit funny that we complain about lazy government workers but when a supervisor actually does his/her job and holds employees accountable (by making sure they are trying to find drunk drivers, aggressive driving violations, criminals in general) then we yell "quota".

Personally I never had a quota...they let me write as many tickets as I wanted. (That's bad cop humor by the way.)

I beleave most people when complaining about lazy gov. Workers are talking about office workers ie: post office building permits etc.

What I find funny is the gov. Workers that do their job well are the ones that are in the finance collection area. is: Leo's Irs etc

Being the good and considerate citizen that I am, I scream "I have a gun!" right in their earholes when they are trying to swallow a gob a donut. lol

I could care less what 'policy' is,they need arrests and tickets to keep everyone happy.
If they aren't doing it then there would be no need for police.And then the PTB would question what the cops are doing
They need to create revenue
Just because you were lied to or not told the whole truth,or more likely brainwashed ,doesn't mean that your PD didn't run like every other government office
This isn't a feel good situation here

Next time you need help, call mr f r u. He will come running I am certain. Me? I will call a COP!

If you can't help yourself neither can anyone else.

I expect not to be maligned, harassed , Or accosted.
I don't feel the need to call the cop's to solve my problems, Or anyone else's.
If I am calling the police it is to tell them to bring the meat wagon.

Thanks for the internet tough guy attack though.
Now we all know what kind of person you are.

For a corporation they sure like to spend money putting inserts into my utility bills extolling me to donate money to help the less fortunate pay their utility bills.

Why do you think the second richest man in the US (Warren Buffett) bought Pacific Power? It is a regulated public utility, so in theory the State can limit its rates. Do you think Warren expects the PUC to actually limit his profits? :rolleyes:

EDIT: PUC is Public Utility Commission. I call them the "Practically Useless Commission.":p

In our area ( Douglas County Oregon ) we have sorta an understanding here, the police know allot of us carry per-population some of if not the highest percentage of Conceal Carry persons in the state percentage wide. We are not required but out of respect for the local sheriff who not only wrote Biden and told him off he also has time and time again said any laws including SB941 will not be enforced, not because of budget BS, but because he says its wrong and wont support it. In turn most of us return the favor and volunteer before asking that we have a CHL and condition of the defense firearms we have. ( in truck, loaded on me etc) You would be surprised the complete 100% return respect we get and they never ever ask to see it.

Elsewhere other then Portland I might do the same. Asking me is one thing, asking to see it is another and that I wont do.

Cops hate free men.
Free men hate cops.

Sorry for any LE on here but if you are messing with someone. EXPECT to get ended.
That's the job you chose and your F-d up mind set.

Wow, that's nuts! Hate? Ended? Really? I'm sorry but those statements are really offensive to me. I certainly won't defend all police because I've seen the bad as well as the good (believe me I have, and it made me distrust all cops for many years), but to lump them all together as the enemy is absolutely ridiculous and I just have to say it.

I have several good friends who are cops, county and state. They are good people, very good people; honest, respectful, freedom loving, conservative, gun owning family men.

Another good friend of mine gave his life in the line of duty nearly 13 years ago, shot to death by a drugged-up scumbag with a gun. Did he deserve to be "ended"? He was a good man, the kind you'd like to have for a neighbor.

Wow, that's nuts! Hate? Ended? Really? I'm sorry but those statements are really offensive to me. I certainly won't defend all police because I've seen the bad as well as the good (believe me I have, and it made me distrust all cops for many years), but to lump them all together as the enemy is absolutely ridiculous and I just have to say it.

I have several good friends who are cops, county and state. They are good people, very good people; honest, respectful, freedom loving, conservative, gun owning family men.

Another good friend of mine gave his life in the line of duty nearly 13 years ago, shot to death by a drugged-up scumbag with a gun. Did he deserve to be "ended"? He was a good man, the kind you'd like to have for a neighbor.

I don't " Hate " anyone.
Even cop's.
If you F with someone expect to pay for your bad behavior.
In the big boy world that can mean your life = Getting ended.

Sorry for your pal but he chose his job the same as myself and many of my friend's that were in the Army.
Alot of them didn't come home alive, Thats the job we chose.

In the Army 20 years of atta boy's will end with 1 f up ,And you in jail for life.
20 years as a cop and 1 f up will result in a transfer.

People who carry gun's for a living NEED to be held to the highest standard.
And I don't see that happening with law enforcement.

Take it for what you will but if you pull on me expect 50/50 " Because I'm going home "wont fly with me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top