JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First question... Do you know why I pulled you over? For blah blah blah... Next question.... Do you have any weapons in your vehicle I should know about. Key word (I should know about!). If you have a CCL my understanding is they know as soon as your name appears on their computer, your choice to tell them if you are carrying at the moment.

A lot of cop haters on here. Sorry, the LEO can ask me any question he/she wants to. I don't care. I am legal and have nothing to worry about. If it makes their job easier and helps in letting them go home to their family at the end of the day, I am supportive. They don't know who you are when they stop you and there is an increase in LEO's being shot. Many of those who they stop are gang bangers and they have good cause to be careful.

From reading the article I want to know.....Is this guy just going to be back on the streets shootin' things up in a few MONTHS?

Geezus, this is why I can't read/watch news anymore!

People are born with the instinct to be free.
When someone arbitrarily violates that innate freedom, There is a negative response.
Until the police understand this and act accordingly there will always be a negative response.

Badges don't grant extra right's...
If you push you should expect to be pushed back.

LE have the mind set that they are always going to be the ones that win a confrontation.
" No matter what I'm going home"

Well that BS doesn't fly.
If you point a gun at me expect to play for keep's.

Sorry for any LE on here but if you are messing with someone. EXPECT to get ended.
That's the job you chose and your F-d up mind set.

If you are a good cop help get rid of the bad one's.
Otherwise you are complicit and part of the problem.

I'd hate to put all police in the bad cop category just because there cops. I'm sure that's how the anti gun folks look at gun owners. I'd like to think I'm above that.

The very last person I want a confrontation with today is a cop! I don't want to confront anybody, but least of all a LEO! They have enough problems without me. I treat police with respect and unvarying courtesy and expect, and have gotten the same from them. SRG

Sorry but the point of showing one arbitrary video is...? Can we upload a hundreds, likely thousands of videos where there is an attempt at a lawful arrest and the suspect fights, shoots, resists? Sure.

Of course there are officers that act inappropriately and need to be removed, unfortunately what some people consider "bad cops" are ones who "harass" people for driving dangerously and jeopardizing our families, match descriptions of suspects for crimes or are in places where crime is common and officer would like to talk to, not detail...you know, do their jobs.

I definitely won't be calling Who The F R U or MrNatural either. Those are the most stupid comments I have ever read. I get the feeling they have received a ticket or two in their time and are all hurt about it. I guarantee they gave attitude as well.

I call BS on Who the F R U's story about his wife being felony stopped for a burnt out brake light just because she has a concealed weapons permit. I have been stopped numerous times for violations and the CCW thing never even blips in the conversation.

Treat people how you would like to be treated. You come off as a big jerk you will be responded to in kind by most people and not just cops. Most people don't like getting caught doing something wrong and take offense to someone spoiling the fun and I understand that, but to act like the police are against everyone and their freedom is an ignorant assumption.

Without law enforcement or the military it would be complete anarchy and some of these internet commandos on here would be in trouble when they realize that aren't as cool as they type on a website.

Law Enforcement's job is not to be "ENDED" for doing their job. Their job is to defend and help people. As far as having a survival mentality I see nothing wrong with it. It is far better than to curl into a fetal position and die.

It is a thankless job in a thankless ever changing society filled with entitlement and disrespect. To constantly spread hate and discontent will not change it for the better.

As WillametteWill puts it, you can download all the videos you want and show only the ones that prove your beliefs. I personally don't trust anything I have seen unless I was there to make sure it wasn't manipulated. Just like the news and politicians they can make whatever they want to look a certain way or convey what they want.

I respect and support law enforcement and will continue to show them respect. I guess that makes me a cop kisser!

Last Edited:
Apparently you live under a rock, have you not seen the country wide demonstrations protesting the police brutality and racial profiling.

just because you may look & act like some unassuming milk toast that wouldn't hurt a fly doesnt mean the rest of the world gets your same pass in life.

I have NO respect for an organization thats gone off its rails....the police need a complete overhaul just as the entire govt does, & their training needs to return to ....."serve & protect" instead of the current "get some" attitudes....at that time the police may regain the respect they once had.

Last Edited:
Sure are, because

Cops hate free men.
Free men hate cops.

A lot of Kop Kissers on here too.

Thank you for letting me know that you think all cops hate all free persons...I'm going for the NWFA record ignore list.

As for the rest of this discussion...

Police can ask you virtually anything they want.

"Is this your car?"
"Are these your drugs?"
"Do you have any firearms on you?"

You have the right to remain silent and only HAVE to give them your full name and date of birth (and only on official encounters). I will be extremely surprised if this current ruling holds and isn't reversed.

Also- on a last note...some police have been getting away with violating our rights for a loooong time. Only recently (with the advancements in technology and public disclosures) have they come to light.

For the record I realize there are bad cops on the job. Cops are human and there are scumbag humans so there are scumbag cops. I have dealt with them, but I will not generalize an entire profession based on a few bad contacts or bad videos I see on the internet or the news. To me it is simple, I have a few dirt bags in my family, but I will not go out and say my whole family is bad. Same goes for everyone else I come into contact with during my lifetime.

I strongly believe if a police officer gets out of line he or she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. They took an oath to uphold the law and Constitution of the United States and are given a great deal of authority. If they break or violate that trust, hammer them!

For all the thousands of police contacts going on in the world all the time the ones reported are only the worst ones. They are merely a fraction of everything going on. That is how the news makes its business. There are thousands of good things which go unreported. If it isn't terrible it isn't worth putting on the news. It is how the liberal media and the liberal government are trying to control us and steer our opinions and turn us against each other in order for the big government to swoop in and "save the day!"

As far as the protests go, I see them. I believe there are merits to some of the protest, but in my humble opinion (and probably mine alone) the vast majority of the people participating in them have absolutely no interest in the core issues and are just doing it go out and destroy property and create chaos. Some groups simply want a pass from the police on their law breaking based on race or standing in life, when they are the ones who prey on themselves the worst.

Training does make a difference, but it would be impossible to train someone to deal with every different type of problem or scenario that could ever come up. Things change in seconds. Circumstances change in seconds. Some times all you can do is the best you can based on the moment. I would really like to see how some of the people here who bad mouth cops would react in a similar situations. I bet a lot of outcomes would be the same or worse.

What all the protests and complaining does is makes the police hesitant to do their job because they feel they will be screwed either way. Look at Baltimore. There are other cities where the police will simply respond to calls. Nothing else because they are accused of profiling or other issues. This will only embolden the criminals in those areas to do more crime.

For all those here who think they can do it better job go do it!

Last Edited:
Simple as this...
Cops are in a dangerous job, and have a small window of time to figure out what's going on, they may over react or act pissed. I get mad when I'm working also. They work with the scummiest people America has to offer and get crapped on all the time.

now walking down the street and getting harassed and asked questions ill politely tell the officer to shove off (legal so long as there is no reasonable suspicion of crime).

if I skip a stop sign or get caught speeding I flip on my interior light, roll the window down, remove the keys, place them on the dash, and place my hands on the wheel. That makes a cop feel much better about the situation. If he asks me a question ill answer honestly because he's already seen my info. This has gotten me out of several tickets and lead to pleasant experience's with LEO.

Only been handcuffed once and even that went well. (long story ill tell it if someone wants to know PS it involves guns)

Like any profession, it is about the individual and their personal reasons for choosing that profession. Having worked in different professions and having associated or interacted with a wide variety, there are so-called "good and bad" in ALL. From the lowest to the highest level it is all about personal qualities, morals and ethics. Then you get to add in the realities of 'experience'. Ultimately it comes down to you the individual, you really are in control of most situations. I would never want to be an LEO, especially in today's world!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top