JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
its wrong to say you dislike police in general... I have met my share of VERY VERY good police officers... but also I have met my share of @ss holes as well... Some cops let the badge get to their head, and use it to their advantage.... I respect all officers because i believe they deserve respect, if i get a ticket then obviously i was doing something i shouldn't of and thats no reason to hate an officer cause he was doing his job... and if i want to dispute it then there is court for that..

police are great i know many and we have many a heated argument over many things and remain friends.

just remember they do not have a duty to protect you is all

I've had the opportunity to see quite a few haters on this board and was wondering where everyone stands. So???
Define "haters". There are very few true haters here. Most people here like the good ones and hate the bad ones, brilliant concept, eh?

I've had an equal number of good and bad encounters with cops, they are people, so naturally half of them are good and the other half aren't worth the oxygen they steal.

if i get a ticket then obviously i was doing something i shouldn't of and thats no reason to hate an officer cause he was doing his job.
Unless they pull you over then tell you that you were going 12MPH faster than you were actually going, then berate you because you tell them you're not an idiot and they can go pound sand. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/off-topic/29646-ccso-should-ashamed-guy.html

I personally have no problem with cops, but rather a great deal of respect for them, and the things they do. I work downtown Portland, I see them everywhere, I often strike up conversations with them while walking on the sidewalk. They are just normal people, but unfortunately they spend there whole day dealing with the worst society has to offer and that would wear on anyone after time.

I don't have an opinion. Some cops are jerks others are p. cool guys. Same as anyone else.

+1 They're just folks like anyone else. Some tend to be more confrontational, maybe because of the nature of their job, or maybe because they are just jerks, but that could be said of almost any group. Overall I would say 90% of my encounters with LEO's have been positive.

its wrong to say you dislike police in general... I have met my share of VERY VERY good police officers... but also I have met my share of @ss holes as well... Some cops let the badge get to their head, and use it to their advantage.... I respect all officers because i believe they deserve respect, if i get a ticket then obviously i was doing something i shouldn't of and thats no reason to hate an officer cause he was doing his job... and if i want to dispute it then there is court for that..
You are the voice of reason on this one,I was wrong in saying I hate cops,just have no use for most of the ones that live here.I officially change my vote to:tolerate them.

The cops here act like everyone is guilty of something.my vote:hate'em

Maybe you are.I mean how would you know unless you attract them all the time?
Just sayin'.They don't treat me that way.

The majority of the people they deal with ARE guilty.And if they don't treat the people they have to deal with as guilty,they lower their guard and get shot.

Try putting the uniform on and dealing with the scum they have to deal with.
I like them.I call them, they get rid of my problems,I don't kill anyone and stay free.
:s0155:

The majority of the people they deal with ARE guilty.And if they don't treat the people they have to deal with as guilty,they lower their guard and get shot.

I like them.I call them, they get rid of my problems,I don't kill anyone and stay free.
First off,I live within the law.No question.Second,there is only 2000 people here,and the cops here act like they just came out of the LAPD.No, none of them did,I went to school with most of them.They think they they are gods here,and it makes me sick.

First off,I live within the law.No question.Second,there is only 2000 people here,and the cops here act like they just came out of the LAPD.No, none of them did,I went to school with most of them.They think they they are gods here,and it makes me sick.

Ha ha! Go out to Lakewood and see the high and tight cops there.

Eh, it depends on the cop. I have friends and family that are police that I love. I have met a lot of good cops. I have also met a lot of jerks. As a matter of fact, I met a jerk the night before last. One of those guys who obviously got into the job because he wanted power.

Anyone who would say they like all cops or hate all cops would be pretty narrow minded. lol. If I had to guess, I like 70% of the cops I meet.

+1 - I just(within the past 2weeks) went on a ride along in the Portland Metro Area, with an officer. I think everyone needs to do this once. I got to sit in on the briefing before we went out.........I now see why you get so many officers that are so jaded. These guys know who almost all the bad guys are, where they live, what they are doing, etc., etc. Most of them have arrested these guys SEVERAL times, yet they are still out on the street. The briefing is like prepping for a family reunion before "the other" relatives get there; Joe Smith just got out, then you here "oh yeah, I know him, haven't you arrested him before?". My point is after seeing all I saw, it makes a ton more sense.

That all being said, I know there are good guys and bad guys, I have friends that are great cops and friends that I'm not so sure about. Being able to handle that kind of stress and adrenaline day in/day out and staying human in the process is a GIFT, for the good cops, I am thankful.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads