JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My dogs are my family
I read/hear this a lot, and how they are like children but I have NEVER seen children, no matter how poorly they were raised coursing my fenceline, viciously barking and trying to get into my property by digging under the fence, and NEVER have I had to inform my neighbor I would indiscriminately shoot his 'Children' if they entered my property. And I have never have I seen children in excess of 150 lbs with fangs not unlike that of a wolf. Like children? Yea maybe the nice ones but NOT Rottweilers like my neighbor had. Quite frankly I am GLAD one of them died - it removed the Alpha pack instinct and took the fight out of the other.

I wonder what the owner was doing while this was occurring? I would argue that the people that owned the dogs were the problem. When I was a kid on our farm - our dogs were staked out and in kennels - as an adult I told myself if I was going to have a dog then they would be interactive in our lives. About the only thing they don't do is go grocery shopping or got to work . They are family in my case.

I think Pit bulls, are not to smart. My neighbor had one, it would constantly bark through the fence at my GSD's.
The Pit made the fatal mistake of coming into my yard and fighting with my 2 GSD's, poor fella never had a chance.

Last Edited:
I guess your a fan of the POS breed. I love all dogs. But those dogs tend to earn there spot on the list of things that won't see the whites of my kids eyes.

Again, your ignorance shines through. I'll take my APBT over half the people I know any day of the week.

Ah well, not here to argue. To each their own.

I knew someone, decades ago, that shot and killed a large non-stop barking dog just over the fence. 12 gauge 00 dead dog right there. he didn't mutter about it or nothing but just killed it.

My ignorance? So if I told you my very good friend had his kids face ripped halfway off, how ignorant would I be?
And if I told you the same thing happened to my coworker when he was bitten by a cocker spaniel, would you say all cocker spaniels should be shot on sight? You're as bad as the anti gunners, stop being spoon fed by the media. They report and sensationalize pitbull attacks because it garners more viewers.Look up the actual statistics for pitbull bites, probably a lot less frequent than you realize. Any blanket statement generalizations about race or breed is going to make you look like a fool. It is VERY clearly a problem with that individual animal.

And if I told you the same thing happened to my coworker when he was bitten by a cocker spaniel, would you say all cocker spaniels should be shot on sight? You're as bad as the anti gunners, stop being spoon fed by the media. They report and sensationalize pitbull attacks because it garners more viewers.Look up the actual statistics for pitbull bites, probably a lot less frequent than you realize. Any blanket statement generalizations about race or breed is going to make you look like a fool. It is VERY clearly a problem with that individual animal.
I was trying to make a point, that you shouldn't call someone ignorant unless you've walked in there shoes. No that story didn't happen, but what if? Again I live dogs. A lot. And I could probably handle a pitbull, but I think they have a brain that is wired just a little different. I will agree that it's at times a dog owner issue. But still, I have the freedom to share my feelings about the breed, and you have the freedom to call someone ignorant, and a anti gunner.

I think a pitbull is prey driven by nature in the same way a Brittany is a bird dog and a border collie works with its eyes and is used for herding. Yes different breeds have different characteristics. Now if one were to say that they don't want a specific breed of dog or that they don't want a dog at all - that is fully understandable. However to kill a dog because it is of a specific breed versus what is has done or is indicating it is about to do that is a different story - to me that is ignorant position.

You have a much better chance of winning Powerball then do you from dieing from a pitbull. I never called you ignorant, I called your position ignorant - there is a difference. You could be a genius for all I know.

Last Edited:
This is one cop, one idiot cop who should be fired and thrown in jail.

I have friends and family that are LEOs who wouldn't dare do this.
I was on a ride a long with a friend who is a cop. We got a call for loose dogs running through a neighborhood barking at people. We went out and of course they didn't have tags. He rounded them up and got them in his patrol car asked a couple people that called it in. No one knew where they belonged and then drove them across town to an animal shelter, they were closed. So we drove all the way back and spent about 15 mins knocking on doors, right before he was going to take them to his house for the night we found someone walking the street looking for them.

The cop in this story in no way represents the 99% of LEOs out there.
He's the bad 1%. Just like the rest of society

I guess your a fan of the POS breed. I love all dogs. But those dogs tend to earn there spot on the list of things that won't see the whites of my kids eyes.
I am a 27 year UPS driver who encounters dogs thousands of times a year and I can tell you from personal experience that Pit Bulls are a much friendlier and more predictable breed than Chows, German Shepherds or Chihuauas, to name a few.

Buying into the media hype and stereotypes against Pit Bulls is as ignorant as buying into the media hype and stereotypes against "assault weapons." The same kind of distorted facts and biased journalism that are used to attack our Second Amendment rights are also being used against Pit Bulls.

If you dont care for the breed as a matter of personal preference thats fine, but at least get your facts straight before judging the breed as a whole.

Every article, no matter what the source, shows that Pit/terrier breeds DO bite/attack more often than other breeds AS A WHOLE.

I know, Pits are really sweet doggies......

USUALLY, it's the owner that needs training.

In my opinion, 75% of dog owners should not own a dog.

I was trying to make a point, that you shouldn't call someone ignorant unless you've walked in there shoes. No that story didn't happen, but what if? Again I live dogs. A lot. And I could probably handle a pitbull, but I think they have a brain that is wired just a little different. I will agree that it's at times a dog owner issue. But still, I have the freedom to share my feelings about the breed, and you have the freedom to call someone ignorant, and a anti gunner.
Very true. I apologize for calling you ignorant. It just feels like I've had this arguement a million times before and it gets old after awhile. One point I will agree on is that when pits DO attack it can be quite vicious due to their strength. But that goes for any large breed. I dont think pits have a higher likelihood of biting, though.

When it comes to temperament, a chow or akita will chaw on you at the drop of a hat if you're literally doing something wrong.. but they are quite reserved dogs, preferring to not "play" or even be "social" at all. they're still very good dogs though..

My dogs are my family - there is a price I am willing to pay to an individual for shooting one of my kids for no reason. Some might consider that before shooting anothers dog. I hope it never comes to that.

Eventually someone will be put in that exact position, and bullets will fly

If you or I were to injure or kill a police K9 we would be charged the same as if we assaulted or killed a police officer. Yet they can kill a family pet and there is there is no legal sanction whatsoever. That is just total bs in my opinion

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top