JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Puma, while I was reading this something occured to me.

Does (or did) the OP have the option to file a restraing order on a person whom they share a lease?
Perhaps the Dad wasn't an outright threat but the fact that Meth was invoved makes that person a risk?
Also does the fact that the Dad has a record play in to such an order?
Just curious if the OP had another option to remove a person even though they were on the loan/lease.

Opinion time: about half of my friends are LEO's so perhaps my view is somewhat bias. That being said, I wasn't always like this. I did my share of raising Kane and even spent a few nights in a rock box with a metal door.
If its one thing I've learned is that contrary to what most people believe Cops are not robots and Police Depts. Are not perfect machines. While the system works near flawlessly to weed out those who would not work out so well as an LEO it isn't perfect and in some cases a "bad egg" makes it through and they will make bad choices when dealing with the public. Unfortunitly, this negitive impact will leave a lasting impression on a person and could (and does) change a persons view as a whole towards all LEO's. You also need to remember that if you feel your rights have been violated then you should take the issue to that officers supervisor,Chief, or Citizens advisory board. Always document your side of the story and if its legit action will be taken. Do not be afraid of being harassed by getting a little "stick time" or pulled over for silly reasons. That only happens on TV and in Movies. If it does happen, document,document,document. At that point you contact the state Police and they will pound sand so hard that local PD will look like a beach. Still, some people will just hate cops for being cops. They think when they get pulled over they are being harassed because the cop has some personal vendetta to violate a persons rights, not because they were doing 70 in a school zone. These people with the chips on their sholders are setting themselves up for failure right from the beginning. Its all in attitude. Play nice and more times than notthe situation will resolve without a problem.

My GF tried to get a restraining order, the judge understood why she was there but from a legal point he hadn't quite crossed the line.
Moving away from him was the best option I think.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top