JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This has been going on here for decades. They sell a tool to make quick work of cutting them off. I have long said the real problem here is the scrap yards. When some meth heads come in with a few new ones for sale they have to know they are buying stolen and just don't care. Last I heard they were giving them something like $50 each for them so of course the meth heads loved it.

Screenshot of the thief....:rolleyes:

F359810D-BFAF-4FF6-BF67-584896B172B9.png

OMG.... :eek:

70FC1893-25E5-474C-93A6-F784172BF87F.gif

Buddy of mine works at a truck repair shop in north Pdx, told me how thieves would break in and steal the alloy wheels off semi trucks and trailers and alloy lift gates and even alloy fuel tanks, ether draining the fuel out all over the ground, or steeling the fuel too! Thieves will steel anything they can if it's easy and if they have a source to move it quickly for cash! Race has nothing to do with any of it, this is happening across the board and effects all!
I know of an old abandoned Bi-Mart store in Gresham where the thieves rammed down the fence, hooked a winch to the electrical system and dragged it all out of the building, several hundred pounds of high quality copper, Rednecks with a big diesel truck!

Yeah they were even doing it out boat ramps, along with calling the rubber filler house from underneath and stealing all the gas out of cars and trucks. I was at a gas station one time and this guy came in was a nice looking boat and was filling his truck up and it's billed fuel all over the place, he was one of the victims.:oops::oops::oops:

I hate thieves, I don't give a damn what color they are!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Get on Facebook Marketplace and search "catalytic converter buyers". There are lots of them who will buy them no questions asked. Thieves use battery powered reciprocating saws and can cut off a converter in a minute. The larger the converter, the more money. One theft deterrent product is called CatClamp. Some muffler shops will weld the converter with steel rebar or thick cable to the frame. Between the gas tank drillers and catalytic thieves it can get real expensive. I had the tank on my Toyota Tacoma drilled, $800 replacement and install.

I was taking reports on this 25 years ago in Chicago. A new tool to speed the removal of the CC may be part of the resurrection. Scrap yards need to get ID's from the sellers.

There was a new truck storage lot that got hit a few months ago....roughly 20 trucks had their whole after treatment systems stolen...was about 15k each to replace.

The thieves have learned that they will do no jail time if they get caught, as the prisons are over-crowded now, and they need the bed space to hold the violent offenders. So it's free "catalytic converter day", all across the nation. I even remember a police department in California announcing that they'll no longer investigate auto-burglary, as it is too frequent there. I never thought I'd a hear a police department refuse to do their job, and announce it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top