JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That sucks. I was getting ready to scrap a bunch of wire from work. It was about $1.50 per pound and I have over 1k pounds of it. Procrastinated and screwed my self out of some money. :mad:

Just looked at some charts on the price of copper, didn't see a significant dip in price. Maybe 10% over the last month. Is there something I'm missing about this or is this what they call insider information, LOL.

Just looked at some charts on the price of copper, didn't see a significant dip in price. Maybe 10% over the last month. Is there something I'm missing about this or is this what they call insider information, LOL.

Spot for scrap #2 is still $3.30. I got a couple thousand pounds of bare wire from a wreck out job. Looks like time to unload it.

I thought copper customs website crashed and I thought... So? How much copper is used in primers? That's really the big component in my opinion, however projectiles are a good start IF this drop ends up equaling better supply. I doubt ammo manufacturers will drop price just because they can
It's the same as gas. When there's a crisis in the ME or a refinery goes offline, gas prices jump quickly. When things get back to normal, it takes forever for the price of gas to drop back down. May they all burn in hell.

That sucks. I was getting ready to scrap a bunch of wire from work. It was about $1.50 per pound and I have over 1k pounds of it. Procrastinated and screwed my self out of some money. :mad:
At One time Clean bright and shinny was about 3.50 plus. Hang on to it. Sometimes talking to a buyer can get you more $ , They would rather buy 1000 pounds at once than deal with 500 tweakes with 2lb each .

At One time Clean bright and shinny was about 3.50 plus. Hang on to it. Sometimes talking to a buyer can get you more $ , They would rather buy 1000 pounds at once than deal with 500 tweakes with 2lb each .
Oh sorry I probably wasn't clear enough. It's not clean bright and shiny copper it's comm wire. Cat 5e, cat 6, 18/2, stuff like that. So 1.50 for that stuff is great. I'm wondering what it's at now, I'll have to call river gate and see what they're paying. I should have over 1k pounds

Some recovery today, but still down over 15
%. Copper.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews