JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Take the bull by the horn! This started out as a County Emergency Response Team that the powers to be, and even the local ambluance service, didn't seem to want to embrace, Guess it was some kind of a control factor? Orginial intent was to fill in for communications HAM, first aid, and security. The help with local fire departments was dropped due to specialized equipment, clothing and training needed to an almost all voluteer force. Bottom line is that this morphed into a Neighborhood Watch type thing. Membership kind of blended to where HAM operators are outside reach under the County's Emergency Services Coodinator. Those interested in helping the LEOs, man a sub station as Volunteer Special Deputies. They mainly take care of the office sub station paper work such as issue of CHLs, fingerprinting, taking reports and faxing them to the main office. Mostly sub station public relations. The medical aspects is kind on standby, but aware that supplies will be needed after a given period of time, and should a natural disaster occur where there is a large loss of life, a temporary ID/Storage, and a triage station for those in need of attention.
They meet about once a month in my area, just outside of town. The county emergency coordinator also lives in this area and attends regular. The important part is it appears the Sheriff indicates approval. The isolation requires that food, water, shelter leans to self prepared, as it may some time before services, and needed supplies might arrive.
I'm not sure if you have a State Defense Force is Washington, but we do. It is added link with the State National Guard. Resources that are available, and emergency operations and equipment and trained for all major natural disaster type situations such as earthquakes, fire, flood, that are triggered by the State Governor.
Strange, as I am also between two major rivers. East to west travel with only a couple of options is very slow and limited. Check with your county officals, and perhaps you can get ahead of some of the dead ends that I found. There presently is not a leadership, chain of command, type of structure, now that it became a Neighborhood Watch setting.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top