JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can't tell you how excited my little one was to get this back from Tim.

Tim did, as he always does, an outstanding job making this into my sons first rifle.

Started out as a Savage Rascal FVSR. Which is the only model that, at the time I bought it, comes threaded.

The rascals by law have to have a 16" barrel. Well the FVSR has a medium profile barrel. So 80% of the weight is forward of the stock. Really hard for a kid to hold it correctly.

Naturally, the solution was to register it as an SBR and hack off 10". So I did.

After which I got together with Tim to finish it. I asked to have it threaded, fluted, and Cerakoted in a color the kiddo chose.

Boy did he deliver. It looks great. Not to mention the lack of extra barrel and fluting reduced the weight done to 2 pounds 10 ounces. Kiddo has no problems holding it correctly now.

Sure some might think I'm nuts to go through all of this for a single shot gun. However the memories I'll create with my son together because of it are entirely worth it.

I know some here appreciate this sort of thing so I thought I would share!

My sons two stamp rifle!

Reno

A1062FCD-6982-4A41-94E8-BEC15BB4FE6A.jpeg BFBBA863-8863-4B16-90DC-051D16FA8F66.jpeg F993D743-0F14-45DC-9392-74454809D506.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top