JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMHO, it's common that.....
Legislative Officials (most of the time).....
Actually have no clue, as to what happens when the laws that they pass......simply are NOT BLINDLY OBEYED.

Everything is so clinical.....up there at the seat of power.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

IMHO, it's common that.....
Legislative Officials (most of the time).....
Actually have no clue, as to what happens when the laws that they pass......simply are NOT BLINDLY OBEYED.

Everything is so clinical.....up there at the seat of power.:eek:

Aloha, Mark
I think its a mix of power but more importantly if hey are willing to enforce this who's to say what else they will enforce.

I guess it's similar to spitting on a cop being assault.

technically by not wearing a mask you are endangering others

Its all crazy, none of it makes sense.

if it's that serious why are we not limiting grocery stores or home improvement stores, or construction?

Why have we not closed the borders and shut down all travel?

Why are there rules for some things and not all?

It's all BS

Also, consider that the cop was trying to enforce the law that they wrote. But who will get the backlash because the officer was trying to enforce an unpopular law? And we haven't even gotten to the soon to be round up yet.

Aloha, Mark

I guess it's similar to spitting on a cop being assault.

technically by not wearing a mask you are endangering others

Its all crazy, none of it makes sense.

if it's that serious why are we not limiting grocery stores or home improvement stores, or construction?

Why have we not closed the borders and shut down all travel?

Why are there rules for some things and not all?

It's all BS

Who.....would be the winners was already decided. Where are their stock investments?

Aloha, Mark

Also, consider that the cop was trying to enforce the law that they wrote. But who will get the backlash because the officer was trying to enforce an unpopular law? And we haven't even gotten to the soon to be round up yet.

Aloha, Mark
Obviously we put it at the feet of the politicians, however individual cops still bear some responsibility. None of the Nazi atrocities would of happened if soldiers refused to follow them (yes its a bit extreme but paints a picture)

My perspective as an LEO...assuming the mask order is legal and is an arrestable offense...The officer could have and should have started that contact down at a friendly level with a calm demeanor. If you start at angry verbal confrontation, there's little room between that and hands on. And another grown man being confronted in that way does not make him feel like being polite. "Meer presence" is already a use of force at a very low level, with a natural progression to verbal direction. From there, the movement up and down the force continuum is 100% dictated by the actions of the subject/threat. The officer created that situation and should have been asking himself, what is the govermental interest in continuing. The whole mask thing is already a touchy subject. That being said, arguing the legalities and effectiveness of the mask is not open for argument in the aisle of the store and will only be perceived as noncompliance to a lawful order by the officer. there are legal remedies in place if the arrest ended up being unlawful. This alone has contributed to many many uses of force around the nation that do not need to happen. Long story short...treat others the way you want to be treated!

The more things change, the more they stay the same...... 20210126_201947.jpg

Based solely on the video:

The law may be illegal, depending on what state he's in. It may cost the victim a bit to get that dealt with though.

As stated earlier, a LEO taking an aggressive tone right off the bat over such a trivial issue (and I'm sure some of you still think it can spread asymptomatically, it can't) is just setting yourself up for trouble.

If I had been the no mask guy I would have left the minute Officer Friendly brought the 'tude.

I have to wonder what caused someone to call the police? Was he causing trouble before they got there? Lots more to know but on the surface it looks like everyone could have done better.
The more things change, the more they stay the same......View attachment 814829
Someone is severely lacking in firearms training, escalation in force training and personal judgement.

Star
Im glad to hear that I think if all of us tat are in public service positions hold ourselves and other members accountable it would help immensely.

I would be furious. There is no reason to start a conversation like that or treat anyone that way. Not sure about that chunk of the country, but under the 9th circuit, a taser in dart mode is an intermediate use of force which requires active and aggressive resistance. That means you don't tase people for being statically resistant.

Assuming that part of the country classifies tasers in dart mode as a control tactic/device like OC, I'd ask that officer if it was reasonable to use a taser on a passive/static resister of that age. I'd then hand him his training manual showing the vast majority of injuries from tasers are due to falls on hard surfaces.

My facial expression during this counseling (azz chewing):

7D3F2EC5-AE8D-4E8A-9464-9055C65DD649.jpeg

Being completely removed from anything relating to LEO but having had many managing me, I can say the bad managers were the "do as I say because I say" type and the turnover was high, morale low. In a similar light, this particular officer could work on their people skills. More flies are definitely caught with honey buuuut sometimes a good swatter takes care of the flies, too :p

Guess that officer better get to the border and stop the hundreds of unvaccinated people flooding across it everyday.

Officer seems to be like every other authoritarian, drunk on power, the rule is irrelevant, compliance is priority.

Guaranteed voted for the Pedo and the Hoe.

It is things like this that have LONG had me VERY big on body cam's. A few, VERY few, LEO's really should not have the job. When they do something "dumb" they get others hurt. It used to be "he said she said" and was often impossible to say where the story was. When it's on tape its easier at least.
I think the mask thing is beyond stupid but, I wear one when I walk into work, or any business here. I think it's dumb but I don't feel like walking around chip on shoulder, no mask. That of course does not excuse the LEO going to Code Red that fast over this but, again a lot of people should not have that job.

That COP is an insult to quality LEOs.

'Dude you're just dumb, you should be listening' He says to the guy?

"you move again and ahm gonna drop you' he says to they guy?

This LEO has worse than low quality communication skills and if he had anything better than his 'hayseed' , huh huh abilities he could have resolved this in a much more, 'intelligent' manner.

A few, VERY few, LEO's really should not have the job.
A retired LEO friend of mine says probably 75-80 % should not be LEO's

Who.....would be the winners was already decided. Where are their stock investments?

Aloha, Mark
Well, on the 21st Pelosi's husband sank $1 mil into Tesla. Today I hear on the radio that Biden has announced he will replace the federal government fleet with electric vehicles. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Now I must chastise myself, again.
:s0126:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews