JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HA! Of course...:rolleyes:

but still....why would a gun in a display case, which will obviously be examined and handled prior to purchasing be loaded?o_Oo_O

That is a really interesting question; I hope more details are released in that regard. I have a couple theories:

1. Anti-gunner sabotage. [Unlikely]
2. Consignment gun? [Unlikely]
3. Gun was returned after being purchased [Maybe a little more likely]

There are probably many more wild, consipracy-adjacent theories, I'm sure :D

Yep it was in HIS hands when he fired it - the burden of safety is on HIM.

I'm sure there will be no shortage of jurors that will agree the store is at fault; there is shared liability and fault for both parties. In no way should that guy get a single cent, though.

If I were him I would be so embarrassed, I would hide my head in the sand and wait for this to blow over. All he would have had to do is drop the mag and this would not have happened.

looking at the video, I'd say that cop was quite brave for putting his finger in front of that gun that was pointed at 4 people at the other end of the display. He definitely saved some lives that day ;)

arent you guys being hard on the cop, after all wasnt it just ruled LEO's dont need to know or follow all the rules & laws..how could they possibly know everything?.......thats only for civilians :oops:

Man, the dude standing down the isle from him is lucky he didn't catch one in the back.

Easily! This thing could have gone anywhere. Luckily it was only an idiot's finger; it could have been any of the people to his left.

The arrow shows where the gun was aimed right before the ND:

upload_2015-1-13_16-59-2.png

Or it's remotely possible that it had nothing to do with a round in the magazine. I have seen it happen that the ejector failed to grab the chambered cartridge when the slide is racked, leaving it in the chamber. That's why you're supposed to check the chamber visually and if there's any doubt, by feel with your finger.

Or it's remotely possible that it had nothing to do with a round in the magazine. I have seen it happen that the ejector failed to grab the chambered cartridge when the slide is racked, leaving it in the chamber. That's why you're supposed to check the chamber visually and if there's any doubt, by feel with your finger.

Absolutely - part of clearing the weapon to make sure you don't blow your finger off.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/...fter-gun-store-clerk-hands-him-loaded-weapon/

This could have been so much worse. Complete negligence on the part of the clerk and LEO.

Neither one cleared or checked the weapon.
I sold guns many years and never would I hand any gun to a customer or a student unless it was cleared by me.
Also the cop should have also cleared it before he ever touched that trigger. That whole thing was just
plain dumb carelessness. But that is usually what causes accidents. The clerk is damned lucky he didn't take that in the gut as well.

I think there's only one positive. Know one picks there nose with there pinky really. Maybe just a quick swipe in public. But the real digging is done with a strong index finger.

Most accidents are the results of multiple errors, not just one single event.
The big question is how did that pistol get a live round in the mag?

The big question is how did that pistol get a live round in the mag?
One possibility could be the gun was taken out of the store and fired and mistakenly left loaded - regardless I don't think it is important to know how it became loaded but more to wonder why there was a complete breakdown of safety protocol by two 'experienced' people. Back to the 'treat every gun as though it is loaded' line.

"I'm the only one in this room professional enough to carry this Glock .40..." (as I blow my foot off)

I don't know about you guys but when someone hands me a gun, I make them clear it. Then I clear it myself and show the other person it's clear. It's not that I don't trust you fukers....I REALLY don't trust you fukers!!!! Just sayn

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top