JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can pretty much scratch every place off your list if it bothers you. Or you can be decent to the people making your food and it won't happen.
I did fire someone who did it alot, but he had other customer service issues too. If I fired everyone who had done it I wouldn't have a crew.

Food service people often get treated like servants and have to take it with a smile. Treat them with respect and you'll get the same back. Treat them like slaves and you get spit or worse.

Sooooo, you're saying you know your employees spit in the food you serve, and as long as they don't do it "alot" you don't do anything about it ??................:nuts:

I'm saying as long as they only do it to people who deserve it I don't see the need. Spit in food is kinda innocuous compared to other stuff I've seen and heard of, as long as they aren't sick and as long as it doen't escalate I'll let them have their vengeance. It really takes a lot for my crew to do stuff like that, it only happens every 6 months or so, but I know many others that work in food that do much worse much more often...

It really does happen and it really is disgusting, but that is the food industry.
back to the original topic.. The fact that someone with hepatitus did this is frightening and I hope they are presecuted instead of burger king. You know it isn't burger kings policy to spit in cops burgers so why are they being punished?

I'm saying as long as they only do it to people who deserve it I don't see the need. Spit in food is kinda innocuous compared to other stuff I've seen and heard of, as long as they aren't sick and as long as it doen't escalate I'll let them have their vengeance. It really takes a lot for my crew to do stuff like that, it only happens every 6 months or so, but I know many others that work in food that do much worse much more often...

It really does happen and it really is disgusting, but that is the food industry.
back to the original topic.. The fact that someone with hepatitus did this is frightening and I hope they are presecuted instead of burger king. You know it isn't burger kings policy to spit in cops burgers so why are they being punished?

Well if they are anything like the Quiznos managers that allow their employees to spit in the food every 6 months or so that sorta kinda makes them liable.............

Spit in food is kinda innocuous compared to other stuff I've seen and heard of, as long as they aren't sick and as long as it doen't escalate I'll let them have their vengeance.

back to the original topic.. The fact that someone with hepatitus did this is frightening and I hope they are presecuted...
And you *know* none of your employees have hepatitis, how? Don't you think that mgr was just as surprised at the hep return as you'll be?

MrB

I actually wrote several drafts in reply to this with varying degrees of astonishment but a uniform level of revulsion at this position.

It wasn't the employee that had Hep that did the spitting, on this occasion at least. The guy that did spit in the cops burger was sent to jail for a little while for assault. And yes it is assault for that reason you can pass, Hep, HIV, etc.
And burger king is being sued for a couple reasons, 1. they supposedly knew the employee had/ or thought he had Hep and they encouraged him not to get tested, and 2. for the way they handled the incident after it happened. They did fire both employees immediately after the incident.
I would sue burger king, and the guy who did the spitting, he was 22. Not like he was a stupid 18 year old kid.

And this is why I always act super nice to anyone handling my food. I'm just not one of those people that gets mad about much. I've had waiter/waitresses bring me the wrong food and I won't say anything I just eat whatever they bring. They usually catch it after I start eating. But I always act like my life depends on how I treat them. Besides I've worked in cust serv for long enough to know they get enough jerks. I hate when people are rude to me for no reason other than their lives suck, so why would I treat someone else like that?

Considering that most all fast food is a chemically broken down derivative of less than #2 feed corn, I am surprised something natural and organic as human spit would gross you out, seeing as it is probably the only distinguishable substance in what they pass as a "burger". Talk about pots and kettles needin' to get together and talk. Jeeeeez.

Most of the people working in fast food are making minimum wage in a job that's universally shunned and has very few perks with it. That's exactly why I never complain when burger king, KFC, etc mess up my order, because it's better to just lose a few bucks than to piss off some acne-ridden stoner by complaining and having them spit in your food. If I worked at one of those places, I'd be tempted to do the same to customers that got on my nerves and made my already crappy job even crappier.

Of course being a cop, you're gonna get the occasional spittle burger from time to time anyway. It's part of the territory.

Well if they are anything like the Quiznos managers that allow their employees to spit in the food every 6 months or so that sorta kinda makes them liable.............

I don't think you understand. Everybody I know who works in food has spit in customers food or WORSE. If you eat out and are a twerp to the staff, you can expect your food to be tampered with. ANYWHERE. Not just BK and Quiznos. Anywhere. And my employees are required to inform me if they have any communicable disease before they work. So yes I should know if they have hepatitus.
Regardless, if an employee beats up a customer is that the corporations fault? Assault is Assault whether it is spit or fists and shouldn't be blamed on others. The guy who spit was punished and it should end there.

Regardless, if an employee beats up a customer is that the corporations fault? Assault is Assault whether it is spit or fists and shouldn't be blamed on others. The guy who spit was punished and it should end there.

Yes, if the employee's on the job - it's usually the corporation's fault too.

Of course being a cop, you're gonna get the occasional spittle burger from time to time anyway. It's part of the territory.

As much as I usually agree with you, that's the damn dumbest comment I've seen on here in a while. So because someone is a LEO, they should just learn to live with something that if it happened to a normal person, that person would be pissed? I find someone spitting in my food, well, they best just hope I don't catch them. People should be treated with respect regardless of their job, fastfood or not. But other people shouldn't be abused simply because they do an unpopular job.

As much as I usually agree with you, that's the damn dumbest comment I've seen on here in a while. So because someone is a LEO, they should just learn to live with something that if it happened to a normal person, that person would be pissed? I find someone spitting in my food, well, they best just hope I don't catch them. People should be treated with respect regardless of their job, fastfood or not. But other people shouldn't be abused simply because they do an unpopular job.

I'm not saying it's right or that cops should be happy about it, but it's going to happen. There's a lot of people who DON'T like cops, especially teenagers. Most of the people I see working fast food is teenagers. It's going to happen.

I get pulled over a lot for no reason other than the fact that I have long hair and look poor. It's not right, and I don't agree with it, but it happens. That comes with the territory of looking poor and having long hair....and having a lot of cops who's seen too much TV and always think their "hunch" about someone is correct.

If you're a cop, you shouldn't be surprised when someone spits in your food.

this is why I only eat at subway when i have to stop somewhere in uniform, I would hate to see someone i have arrested serving me my food through a drive through... we already know the people working at fast food joints are not always the brightest..

this is why I only eat at subway when i have to stop somewhere in uniform, I would hate to see someone i have arrested serving me my food through a drive through... we already know the people working at fast food joints are not always the brightest..

Good thinking, creative solution.

...........I did fire someone who did it alot, but he had other customer service issues too. If I fired everyone who had done it I wouldn't have a crew.

Food service people often get treated like servants and have to take it with a smile. Treat them with respect and you'll get the same back. Treat them like slaves and you get spit or worse.

This as well as other statements just convinced me that not only does this happen, but it's COMMON, so COMMON in fact that, 'if I fired everyone who had done that, I wouldn't have a crew.'

What about buffets? Since there are no specific customers...just feeding everyone....do they mess with that food?

What about buffets? Since there are no specific customers...just feeding everyone....do they mess with that food?

You may not have to worry about the staff at buffets, but I get grossed out by the snotty kids touching all the food before I get to it. You can't win :(

If you're a cop, you shouldn't be surprised when someone spits in your food.

Perhaps not (I always ate at Subway or a pre-made by the sliced pizza joint when I was in uniform), but places that are so lax as to foster an environment where employees are not disciplined enough not to spit in food should prepared to be held accountable when it happens, as seems to be happening here.

I'd imagine when you're just generally PO'd at the world, a buffet is a perfectly appropriate vehicle to vent your frustration. Sorta' like a sawed-off in a crowd -- collateral damage is sort of the intent.

And that could be preparers or previous customers -- remember the Rashneshees sabotaging salad bars several years ago? (Do you remember the Rashneshees?)

MrB

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads