JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That's messed up. I've eaten at that burger king. I will never eat there again.
I hope this Officer wins millions against the king. That would be funny if BK gave him free burgers for life..........

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A Clark County law officer may ultimately "have it his way" if he wins a lawsuit against Burger King over a spitballed burger.

Clark County Sheriff's Deputy Edward Blysma says a DNA test confirms that Gary Herb, a former employee, spit in his burger in March 2009.

Bylsma said he suspected foul play when Herb handed over the burger. Herb's behavior prompted the deputy to unwrap the burger, remove the meat from the bun bottom, where he discovered a loogie filled with milky phlegm.

Bylsma's attorney in the lawsuit says her client was possibly exposed to communicable diseases and discriminated because of his employment position. She said Burger King's "negligent hiring and supervision" were to blame.

The attorney said two employees were responsible for the spitwad - and that forensic evidence proves one of them had Hepatitis.

Bylsma says he's gotten no apology and no suffers from insomnia and has become neurotic about food. He worries about contracting hepatitis constantly, in addition to other food-borne illnesses, according to his attorney.

Agreed, However, I'm sure that's more his lawyer is making his statements for him.
But I would be freaked out too. Like I said I'VE EATEN THERE!!! Ugghhhh!

I won't eat there again, and probably not any fast food place. Except Chipotle...That place is delicous!

Iwas recently discussing a place to eat that I enjoy with a CCSO who indicated (suprising me totally) that they actually have a list of "cop friendly" resaurants they frequent. Apparently this is not an isolated issue and police have found out the hard way places to avoid when in uniform. Happily he told me that my favorite mountain getaway restaurant called Loco Burro was on the safe list for them. The penalties for this type of offense should be serious no matter who the victim is but not sure that Burger King should be the million dollar loser over this issue unless they had let these guys slide on simiular type problems. How about the persons actually responsible be held accountable in a meaningful way.

I think it has to go with the territory that being a LEO, brings a certain disdain by many in society...and yes they prepare food, work on cars, provide a variety of services, ect.....

It happens at every restaurant. I worked at DQ in college and pretty much don't eat fast food after seeing what went on there. Even nice restaurants have bad apples though.

Ever wonder what happens to your food if you send something back that is over/undercooked?:s0131:

If you ever worked in a restaurant, which I have, you'd know that NO restaurant is immune from some pretty disgusting stuff from time to time.

When I was in HS, a buddy worked at a restaurant in Kansas City where the cook had the nickname Touche`. When I asked how he got it, my friend said they were on on the back dock having a smoke when Touche` saw a rat by the dumpster, speared if with his long cooking fork, wiped it off on his apron and went back to work. :s0001: I never ate in that restaurant again.

"I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola!":D

haha that's what I was thinking.

I manage a quiznos and we get a lot of LEOs, I talked to some of them about it once and they said there's very few places around town (beaverton) that they feel ok eating at because they can't see the food being prepared. Even then it's not safe, I've had employees duck into the back room to spit in their gloves then come up to smear it on a sandwich.. Usually for people that really deserve it though, not just for being a cop.

"Don't F with people that handle your food"

haha that's what I was thinking.

I manage a quiznos and we get a lot of LEOs, I talked to some of them about it once and they said there's very few places around town (beaverton) that they feel ok eating at because they can't see the food being prepared. Even then it's not safe, I've had employees duck into the back room to spit in their gloves then come up to smear it on a sandwich.. Usually for people that really deserve it though, not just for being a cop.

"Don't F with people that handle your food"

Please tell me you fired the people that did that. If you didn't, please let me know which Quiznos you manage so I can be sure not to eat there.

Ya, now I can scratch BK and Quiznos off my list of places to eat, plus about every taco joint in town..:s0154:

You can pretty much scratch every place off your list if it bothers you. Or you can be decent to the people making your food and it won't happen.
I did fire someone who did it alot, but he had other customer service issues too. If I fired everyone who had done it I wouldn't have a crew.

Food service people often get treated like servants and have to take it with a smile. Treat them with respect and you'll get the same back. Treat them like slaves and you get spit or worse.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top