JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OMG to listen to Dark Side of the Moon like this on crappy computer speakers is almost a crime.

To actually hear this album I strongly suggest either the Mobile Fidelity 1/2speed master LP played on a quality turntable with a Mid 1970's Stereo Sytem by one of the major players of the time. A real nice Cartridge for this Album is an Ortofon MC-3.

If that is beyond your ability then the 30th Anniversary CD issue is acceptable.

Anything less is just not acceptable.

Turntable like this

Shrine2008JanTTnightshot006ww.jpg

And a Preamp like this (second unit down)

Shrine2008Jan013.jpg

Into a Sytem like this

Shrine2008JanRackatnightcloseup011w.jpg

OMG to listen to Dark Side of the Moon like this on crappy computer speakers is almost a crime.

To actually hear this album I strongly suggest either the Mobile Fidelity 1/2speed master LP played on a quality turntable with a Mid 1970's Stereo Sytem by one of the major players of the time. A real nice Cartridge for this Album is an Ortofon MC-3.

If that is beyond your ability then the 30th Anniversary CD issue is acceptable.

Turntable like this

Shrine2008Jan013.jpg

Into a Sytem like this

Ok Mark! Settle down! Your just being a sound system snob now! LOL!!! How about my noise canceling headphones and iTunes.

And really, guys? You actually thought that I didn't know who Pink Floyd was?
PS: One dumb cop!

My best friend's older brother was overseas in Viet Nam, and after he went on his R&R to Japan, he sent back home the best stereo system money could buy.
He had marked "Do Not Open" on all of the boxes, but we promptly tore into them and set it all up.
Dark Side of the Moon had just been released and was the first album we played on it.
Mark is right, to do it justice, you have to play it on vinyl and have the right mind frame to get the 70's experience.

Turntable like this

Shrine2008Jan013.jpg

Into a Sytem like this

Your setup? Wow. I grew up listening to David Gilmore (solo and with Pink Floyd), Tommy Bolin, Stanley Clark, etc. on systems like this and custom speakers my dad used to build. One of the more enriching things to be passed on. Still build my own speakers and going to try my hand at a tube amp and turn table this summer. Have to move and put together a reloading set up first. Gonna piss off the neighbors now!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top