JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As said in the article, it is "symbolic"

The sheriffs may not enforce this particular state law, but in practice they won't be the ones doing the stings anyway - it will be the state police. Even if the law was enacted and upheld in court, which it won't be, a county ordinance can't prevent state police from enforcing a state law.

So, waste of time IMO

This evening I had the news on from 4:00 until near 6:30, (unusual for me as television news people and the way they report are unbearable most of the time). I never heard them mention anything of this.

At least it's out there. One step at a time and all......

As said in the article, it is "symbolic"

So, waste of time IMO
Yeah... that's what they said about medical marijuana, and then recreational marijuana. And dozens of other voter initiatives in Oregon over the years.

There has to be first steps of the grass roots "we the people" speaking out and acting when bad laws are forced upon citizens by the rulers for there to ever be any change - or change back to our Constitutional rights "shall not be infringed" as in this case.

Unless the lay downs just want to roll over and quit like good little subjects of the dictators.

Unless the lay downs just want to roll over and quit like good little subjects of the dictators.
But remember, the puppy lays down and rolls over because the trainer is holding a dog biscuit.
The left has a whole box full of biscuits, from SNAP cards to obamaphones, to medical ins., to immigration amnesty.

AND, they are shameless about offering them to newly registered voters.

But remember, the puppy lays down and rolls over because the trainer is holding a dog biscuit.
The left has a whole box full of biscuits, from SNAP cards to obamaphones, to medical ins., to immigration amnesty.

AND, they are shameless about offering them to newly registered voters.
CP-eQYkUkAAFfKp.jpg

Yeah... that's what they said about medical marijuana, and then recreational marijuana. And dozens of other voter initiatives in Oregon over the years.

There has to be first steps of the grass roots "we the people" speaking out and acting when bad laws are forced upon citizens by the rulers for there to ever be any change - or change back to our Constitutional rights "shall not be infringed" as in this case.

And despite the fact that marijuana is legal in many states, including Oregon, you can still get busted by the DEA (despite Obama telling them not to) and hauled into federal court, and the State of Oregon legal system can't do diddly squat about it because federal law usually trumps state law.

By all means, protest, make noise, show them that we don't like it.

But don't pretend that passing a county law means like this means anything in a court of law if you get busted for breaking a state law.

But don't pretend that passing a county law means like this means anything in a court of law if you get busted for breaking a state law.
You missed the point. You have to make a start. A demonstration is one thing, but a duly elected government enacting a voter initiative is a much louder statement and much firmer start on the road to legitimizing it. Especially in Oregon where the initiative process is one of the most successful tools of self governance.

Or people can stay on their couch, watch tv and fix nothing. And then bytch about Salem.

San fran said F U to the feds concerning sanctuary cities so why not bgc's

You are making good sense, if they can pick the laws they will follow just by a declaration then we can too. If our county sheriff's decide to not enforce bgc then it is a gun sanctuary county.

You are making good sense, if they can pick the laws they will follow just by a declaration then we can too. If our county sheriff's decide to not enforce bgc then it is a gun sanctuary county.
I agree with standing up and being heard.

But don't fool yourself or anyone else into thinking that this means the county would become any kind of "sanctuary". :rolleyes:

Personally I feel it's more just making a statement. Southern Oregon is more gun friendly at the county level than the areas with the larger populations. If background checks were on a county level we could be on to something, unfortunately they aren't.

But don't fool yourself or anyone else into thinking that this means the county would become any kind of "sanctuary". :rolleyes:

I guess that is why you have been so big in the end of society prepping, you have given up and think everything else is foolish. If preppers would have spent the same time and money on better politics would they still need to prep?

Good friend was kind of a preper, he built retirement so he and his wife would be secure in their old age. Navy pension and came out as an officer. Worked in private industry to get enough time to collect minimum SS and then went to work for the state to get a state pension. Died just before he would have retired of Parkinsons.

Wow, that reminds me of people that insist on "voting their conscience."

I agree with standing up to be heard too.
But don't fool yourself or anyone else into thinking you've made a difference, or affected the outcome in any sort of positive way.
:rolleyes:

I guess that is why you have been so big in the end of society prepping, you have given up and think everything else is foolish. If preppers would have spent the same time and money on better politics would they still need to prep?

Good friend was kind of a preper, he built retirement so he and his wife would be secure in their old age. Navy pension and came out as an officer. Worked in private industry to get enough time to collect minimum SS and then went to work for the state to get a state pension. Died just before he would have retired of Parkinsons.
Prepper depending on pension checks & SS? Huh?
Watched The Postman a few too many times...
:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads