JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,
I was on the BLM interactive map and I saw that the sand dunes ON the beach were constituted as BLM. I believe 43.37411,-124.323349 via google maps. I called the sherriff's office a while back and did not get a clear answer wether or not it was OK to shoot on the dunes/beach area. I have never been to the area, but I thought it might be a nice area to quickly stop at if I was heading down 101. Check out the ship wrecks and also shoot into the dunes. Let me know if you guys have had any experience/info. Thanks

Not positive on the BLM land but it is legal to shoot anywhere in the Oregon Dunes. We have sways shot in the dunes with no problems until somebody called the police and they couldnt tell us if it was legal or not. I did some searching on the Forest Services website and finally found where it says it's ok if you are doing so safely. I will try and find the link and post it. I will have to look up the spot you mention but there is a lot of crap going on with the land out there with land swaps with the port.

Thanks for the info. I gave the BLM office a call the other day. I guess the area I was speaking of is called "North Spit". Anyways, the operator said it was legal to shoot there on the dunes. :)

cant report if its legal or not. but I work for a company called Hoffmeyer ( always on the road - LITERALLY ) traveling and doing conveyor belting work somewhhere. I find myself in strange places at strange times.

I CCL a kimber double stack 45 ACP & a MAC 11 9MM. I do a fair bit of work in the area and stop less than a 1/4 mile away in frequent and discharge at my hearts delight on bad afternoons for stress relief. Always on the sand ( OHV on my Tacoma ) never had any trouble at the dunes adjacent to beachfront to any olive barber areas.

LIVIN' THE F'N DREAM

GS

cant report if its legal or not. but I work for a company called Hoffmeyer ( always on the road - LITERALLY ) traveling and doing conveyor belting work somewhhere. I find myself in strange places at strange times.

I CCL a kimber double stack 45 ACP & a MAC 11 9MM. I do a fair bit of work in the area and stop less than a 1/4 mile away in frequent and discharge at my hearts delight on bad afternoons for stress relief. Always on the sand ( OHV on my Tacoma ) never had any trouble at the dunes adjacent to beachfront to any olive barber areas.

LIVIN' THE F'N DREAM

GS

The one problem I see with that, is carrying while on an ATV.
Everything I've read says it is a no-no.

Carry is fine. Just can't be loaded. Carry your loaded mag in your other pocket and you are good to go. The rule was written with hunters in mind. I know most of the cops in the area and they said they are not concerned about your concealed gun being loaded though technically the law does say no loaded guns on an ATV.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top