JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Target sports sent an email out today for ammo. It appears their inventory was very much improved. They had CCI 9mm brass case for .40 a round delivered to your door, 1000 case quantity. For an on line price, that was a decent number, although that price is still double what 9mm ammo was two years ago.

Target sports sent an email out today for ammo. It appears their inventory was very much improved. They had CCI 9mm brass case for .40 a round delivered to your door, 1000 case quantity. For an on line price, that was a decent number, although that price is still double what 9mm ammo was two years ago.
A couple places have been e-mailing me for a while now which says a lot. No one was bothering until shortly since as fast as they put the ammo up it vanished. That .40 a round US made ammo is sitting available all the time now. Just a couple months ago it was $1 a round and gone in seconds.
One thing I like about how Target is doing it right now is they are letting you see the price before this last panic. Showing the stuff that was .16-.18 a round before this panic. So people can clearly see what the stuff was.
So when you see that .40 a round stuff remember that we were daily being told we would not see this for a couple more years just weeks ago. :D

I'm still waiting for primers to start to appear again for anything resembling reasonable prices.

I did get some large pistol primers yesterday, though, a very reasonable trade with another member here, and much appreciated. :)

Hopefully the hoarders are done hoarding, the panic buyers are over with panicking, the flippers are stuck with a metric $^!*-ton of ammo they can't sell and prices can return to some normalcy.
There are a lot of places sitting on literal tons of ammo. All during this panic you could buy any ammo you wanted off the auctions. Those are mostly speculators. The smart ones are going to start to unload. Then there are some "amateur's" who are kind of like some who dabble in day trading. Buy ammo they have no use for hoping to sell at a profit. Last time we saw a lot of them places like this. Trying to sell stuff WAY too late and they were stuck. It will of course happen this time too. This cycle just repeats its self over and over. :s0092:

There are a lot of places sitting on literal tons of ammo. All during this panic you could buy any ammo you wanted off the auctions. Those are mostly speculators. The smart ones are going to start to unload. Then there are some "amateur's" who are kind of like some who dabble in day trading. Buy ammo they have no use for hoping to sell at a profit. Last time we saw a lot of them places like this. Trying to sell stuff WAY too late and they were stuck. It will of course happen this time too. This cycle just repeats its self over and over. :s0092:
I remember all the people trying to sell magazines after Hillary lost.

I remember all the people trying to sell magazines after Hillary lost.
Yep. I took a gamble when the great ban went away. I had laid in plenty of mags to last me my life. When it looked like they were going to let it sunset I started to unload them on Ebay. Made some good bucks but, it was a risk. If they had put it back in I would have of course been kicking that I sold mine. A LOT of people were sitting on piles of these that made my stash look like nothing and they were of course then stuck. Always a risk. :D

Yep. I took a gamble when the great ban went away. I had laid in plenty of mags to last me my life. When it looked like they were going to let it sunset I started to unload them on Ebay. Made some good bucks but, it was a risk. If they had put it back in I would have of course been kicking that I sold mine. A LOT of people were sitting on piles of these that made my stash look like nothing and they were of course then stuck. Always a risk. :D
This is how I'm feeling sitting on some loads that I probably won't shoot much once the more common stuff comes down. I may not have to dip into it at all but it did mean that I got out to the range as often as I wanted to all this time. Net win I think.

This is how I'm feeling sitting on some loads that I probably won't shoot much once the more common stuff comes down. I may not have to dip into it at all but it did mean that I got out to the range as often as I wanted to all this time. Net win I think.
Yep a couple times Wife has kicked at me a little over this. Panic couple panics back I made the mistake of telling here the Kel-Tec S2K's we had paid $300 for were selling at almost 1K. She wanted to sell them. I resisted because I LOVE PCC's, at that time they were still an "odd item" few wanted so they were very hard to come by, and I was not sure when I would be able to replace them. So I kept them instead of cashing in. This panic I still have multiple cases of 9mm and .22LR ammo. The 9 was easily selling for $500 for a while for stuff I paid around $160 or so for. Temping yes but, if I sold it sure I would have some cash in pocket. Problem I still like to shoot every week. So soon I would be having to set up and start rolling again. Been working my butt off all during this hoax and don't have a lot of free time. So to me it was worth not "cashing in" so I could still hit the range weekly and not have to start rolling again. The .22 ammo I could sell probably half what I have and still be able to buy more before I ran out but, again since I am not sure that I keep as I just like having it. Wife loves to shoot the .22's and she can feel free to shoot all she wants.

Yep a couple times Wife has kicked at me a little over this. Panic couple panics back I made the mistake of telling here the Kel-Tec S2K's we had paid $300 for were selling at almost 1K. She wanted to sell them. I resisted because I LOVE PCC's, at that time they were still an "odd item" few wanted so they were very hard to come by, and I was not sure when I would be able to replace them. So I kept them instead of cashing in. This panic I still have multiple cases of 9mm and .22LR ammo. The 9 was easily selling for $500 for a while for stuff I paid around $160 or so for. Temping yes but, if I sold it sure I would have some cash in pocket. Problem I still like to shoot every week. So soon I would be having to set up and start rolling again. Been working my butt off all during this hoax and don't have a lot of free time. So to me it was worth not "cashing in" so I could still hit the range weekly and not have to start rolling again. The .22 ammo I could sell probably half what I have and still be able to buy more before I ran out but, again since I am not sure that I keep as I just like having it. Wife loves to shoot the .22's and she can feel free to shoot all she wants.
Plus it was fun to do double-tap drills and watch the guy next to you just cringe while he slowly works his way through a recently bought box of steel-cased 9mm. :D :s0087:

I'm not all that mean so I'd usually ask if they wanted to shoot my gun, give them a full mag and point them at some plates or silhouettes. Still, good times, good times. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top