JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With all due respect to every Veteran that has fought for our freedom, The people who served in WW2 were some of the most courageous warriors our nation produced. Every battle in the air, sea or on land left so many souls behind, such incredible numbers of our countrymen were lost yet the men kept up the fight and the desire to overcome the pure evil that overwhelmed nearly the entire world at that time. Some of the most difficult circumstances involving the peek of primitive technology on land, sea and air where the men fought bare chested and with pure guts and dedication to overcome the enemy.
My hat is off to John S. Blyth and to all the remaining WW2 veterans alive or deceased. What an effort - and Thank You.
Not that any one mans time and place in any war is anything less evil or less difficult, I wish also to include my thanks to every American Veteran that has fought to protect our country and for our freedom.
Silver Hand

I had a neighbor years ago that served in the Merchant Marines during the war.
He was to old to join the regular Navy, so he volunteered to ship out to the Pacific Theater on a gasoline tanker.
I asked him if he had a death wish, because one spark in the wrong place would be all it took to blow the ship sky high, let alone being shot at or torpedoed.
I will never forget his reply.

"I am not a brave man, I saw the wounded being off loaded a hospital ship, and I didn't want to come home in pieces, so I figured that crewing on a High Octane fuel tanker, I would either be vaporized in a split second, or I would walk down the gangplank at the end of the war in one piece."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top