JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
200228113214-02-citron-ami-exlarge-169.jpg

I put this under cool like the original 500, Mini, Bug, and CVCC were cool. You didn't want one, but if you had to have transpo, they were an option
and then later, they became sort of retro-cool. In high school some classmates put a teachers cvcc on the second floor, because of course they did.
Beaverton High. I liked the teacher, blanking on his name ....

Anyway, Citroen is liking this to the 2CV, the peoples car. LIke the Robin in England, counts as a scooter in some EU nations - good for insurance purposes.

2CV
200228115221-citron-2cv-file-exlarge-169.jpg

011_DC_1.jpg%2F1200px-1970_Fiat_500_L_--_2011_DC_1.jpg

cvcc
FrgHeJJkQTAc%2Fs1600%2FHonda%2BCVCC%2BCivic_1976_1.jpg

mini
jpg%2F1200px-1994_Rover_Mini_Mayfair_Automatic_1.3.jpg

Robin
liant_Robin_Green.jpg%2F1920px-Reliant_Robin_Green.jpg

Bug
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

"Nanolattices hold great promise for structural engineers, particularly in aerospace, because it's hoped that their combination of strength and low mass density will greatly enhance aircraft and spacecraft performance. "

What else came from aerospace materials ... ;-)

Wonder if in the future, this will be 3d printed at home

Speaking of 3d ...

in photography, one of the big concepts today is computational photography. Your smarty-pants phone's camera may be such a device (tho I know many Luddites hang around here.)

AI to your design, before you print it - look for optimizations in printing etc. All you need is a super computer.

@Ura-Ki too bad we don't yet have warehouse sized printer to do full size aircraft concepts for ya eh?
Close! We can print some pretty big parts, and then assemble them into full size things!
As it is now, I have a 12"X16" CNC multi table that can knife cut, laser cut, plasma cut, and 3D router, as well as hot knife foam, which I use to make 3D molds that I can then lay up in carbon, kevlar, nomex, and fiberglass and even wood or paper! I can also cut laminates into complex shapes and insert them into the molds to make seriously strong parts that are 1/3 to 1/2 the weight of alloy's! Al it takes is Auto Cad II and an open mind!

I gotta admit; the rib design is clever. If he had put in something where ya have basically the ribs sticking out, and the skin on the other part sticking out, he could have made it much stronger by having more surface areas for the glue... also a layer of adhesive skin or heat shrink wrap, which would likely put tension on everything, thus stressed skin/reinforcement.

Had he simply added overlapping joints ( even finger joints) or tongue and groove, or dove tails, it wouldn't have failed! But that's why we experiment, to learn those lessons so that we can build better next time!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top