JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanted a P1800 soooooo bad when I was younger. But I ended up with a 1970 142... :(

But that 142 was a helluva fantastic beast. Drove it across the country twice. She was a real bruiser that would go anywhere... literally. It was the "caving car" in college. We would take it to go caving and "karst kruizing", and drive all across the SW Virginia and West Virginia hills looking for caves to explore, blasting through pastures full of cows, fording streams, crashing through the woods without any roads - yunno, stupid stuff that only 20-somethings in college would do. :rolleyes: Never got stuck ever. Would even go high-marking with it in some of those steeper pastures, just for giggles. Sold it in 1991 with over 250,000 miles on it when I got the Supra. Years later, I was waiting at a stop light when The Beast blasted by in front of me in the cross-traffic... still had the same license plate! Hell, that ol' thing might still be goin'...

She looked just like this one (not my photo), and mine was white, too! Talk about a tank...

View attachment 1274588

This shot was taken somewhere in Colorado while headin' west to come back out to the PNW after college graduation in 1988. Note the odometer...
Love that speedometer... :s0140:

View attachment 1274589
I had one of those about that year. Solid car. Great in the snow. I hit a deer with it, bent the fender out, replaced the radiator and drove it for a few more years. The grill was metal, not plastic. I remember spending some time bending all the little cross pieces back straight because I couldn't find a used grill for that year. Between the bends left in the hood, fender and grille, it looked like the fighter who lost the match. :)

I remember that slider speedometer too.

It also had a timing gear instead of a belt, with teeth made of some composite material.
1662921579969.png

I had one of those about that year. Solid car. Great in the snow. I hit a deer with it, bent the fender out, replaced the radiator and drove it for a few more years. The grill was metal, not plastic. I remember spending some time bending all the little cross pieces back straight because I couldn't find a used grill for that year. Between the bends left in the hood, fender and grille, it looked like the fighter who lost the match. :)

I remember that slider speedometer too.

It also had a timing gear instead of a belt, with teeth made of some composite material.
View attachment 1274685
Yup, they were fantastic in the snow, even being a RWD vehicle.

And the grill was aluminum. Made it "easy" to effect minor repairs after crashing into things, which seemed to happen with frightening regularity... :rolleyes:

I, too, replaced that composite timing gear once. It was surprisingly easy to do. I often joked that you could stuff a dead body on both sides of the engine block in that car. Soooooooo much room to work with under the hood... I learned so much about automotive maintenance/repair working on that car. Not because it broke down a lot, which was not the case at all. But rather because it was so easy to do maintenance and repairs on the thing that I never took it in to a shop for anything. Tune-ups, brakes, suspension, cooling, electrical, even the AC system I installed in it, were all pieces of cake. All I ever needed were a box of tools, a shade tree with a winch, and an afternoon.

Last Edited:
Yup, they were fantastic in the snow, even being a RWD vehicle.

And the grill was aluminum. Made it "easy" to effect minor repairs after crashing into things, which seemed to happen with frightening regularity... :rolleyes:

I, too, replaced that composite timing gear once. It was surprisingly easy to do. I often joked that you could stuff a dead body on both sides of the engine block in that car. Soooooooo much room to work with under the hood... I learned so much about automotive maintenance/repair working on that car. Not because it broke down a lot, which was not the case at all. But rather because it was so easy to do maintenance and repairs on the thing that I never took it in to a shop for anything. Tune-ups, brakes, suspension, cooling, electrical, even the AC system I installed in it, were all pieces of cake. All I ever needed were a box of tools, a shade tree with a winch, and an afternoon.
I replaced mine on the side of the highway.

Buddy has a really rare 242 GT he has had for ever, has a super rare B-234 engine swap in it with the 5 speed, that car flat rips and handles better then it should, and smokes a lot of very expensive "Race Built" cars on the auto-cross courses, All in a brick of a car!

If any one is interested I have the Cylinder head for that conversion, the ultra rare B-234F twin cam 16 valve! It's in excellent shape, just needs a couple valves replaced and tanked and cleaned up, factory these made a claimed 200 HP, reality was a little closer to 220 with a simple air intake set up! This engine combo would also be a super upgrade to the Volvo Penta Marine setup you find in lots of boats, and you can get the duel carb setup for it from eBay super easy!

Buddy has a really rare 242 GT he has had for ever, has a super rare B-234 engine swap in it with the 5 speed, that car flat rips and handles better then it should, and smokes a lot of very expensive "Race Built" cars on the auto-cross courses, All in a brick of a car!

If any one is interested I have the Cylinder head for that conversion, the ultra rare B-234F twin cam 16 valve! It's in excellent shape, just needs a couple valves replaced and tanked and cleaned up, factory these made a claimed 200 HP, reality was a little closer to 220 with a simple air intake set up! This engine combo would also be a super upgrade to the Volvo Penta Marine setup you find in lots of boats, and you can get the duel carb setup for it from eBay super easy!
I don't know. I feel like you don't want your carbs fighting each other.

:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads