JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Old meets new.

Definitely different.

Maybe it will get put into @AndyinEverson concealment rotation.

upload_2019-3-27_9-21-30.jpeg
upload_2019-3-27_9-21-44.jpeg

I bet Californians are stoked they will be able to conceal something finally.

I used to carry a Twister a .36 cal over under BP pistol You had to Twist the barrels to bring the second one to the hammer. I loaded it with a Single round ball and a 9mm shell casing full of #7/8 shot. This was before the big change in Concealed Permit law here in Oregon in 89/90. I figured that while it wasn't Ideal my chances had to go up when confronted with an attacker. Cause after I buried that thing in them and pulled the trigger what ever they came at me with would most likely be less effective.

And keep in mind a .36 round ball from a pistol was one of the weapons that did all that killing in the Civil War and the "Cowboy/Outlaw times to follow. Wild Bill Hickoks pistols were .36 cal. 1851 Colts.

See, in a world where modern firearms are poo pooed, where the anti gunners want all modern arms controlled or banned, this might make sense. Black powder means it gets delivered to your door, no ATF, no FFL...

At about $640 US, they're kinda pricey, but if there's a limited choice for concealment, or deep concealment, might just be an alternative worth considering.

Now I just need to find me one of them short barreled .45 or .50 black powder revolvers to go with it...

Obviously trying to get around laws. Only problem with them here in the US is state and local laws. The Feds don't cover these but, I doubt any state has not by now made these firearms. If someone can not legally carry a concealed firearm this will not be any different. Many now even classify air guns as a firearm.

My only concern is that antis will pick up on this sooner or later and want to change how BP is regulated.

OTOH there is no reason for BP to be stuck firmly in some limbo around 1860, so it's nice to see the evolution of tech into something more modern.

Bonus points if it upsets somebody with a Grizzly Adams beard and a rant about how all you need is a flintlock smoothbore and them new fangled guns is just worthless, followed by some rambling about how back when real men were men and killed bears with sticks.

My only concern is that antis will pick up on this sooner or later and want to change how BP is regulated.

OTOH there is no reason for BP to be stuck firmly in some limbo around 1860, so it's nice to see the evolution of tech into something more modern.

Bonus points if it upsets somebody with a Grizzly Adams beard and a rant about how all you need is a flintlock smoothbore and them new fangled guns is just worthless, followed by some rambling about how back when real men were men and killed bears with sticks.
Hard to say. Silencerco basically made a 100% legal no stamp silencer that ships to your door and no one really freaked too bad. Minus emergency legislation in your obvious states like New York and California.

upload_2019-3-27_18-24-2.jpeg

Hard to say. Silencerco basically made a 100% legal no stamp silencer that ships to your door and no one really freaked too bad. Minus emergency legislation in your obvious states like New York and California.

View attachment 563393

Yup. I kinda want one of those for the lulz. Or trying to figure out how to build one myself without first having an illegal silencer in my possession prior to welding it to the barrel. Talking low key to a couple lawyers about it. Might write ATF for guidance.

Problem. In Czechoslovakia cartridge guns have regulation.

Solution. BP versions of modern guns to avoid regulation.

Extra solution. Ship to America and make more money because capitalism is awesome.

Given the choice between a Philadelphia derringer, or an inline double action only derringer, I'd wager outside of a reenactment, the safety factor alone will sell the modern one.

New designs demonstrably ARE better than 18th and 19th century designs if you are looking for things like safety, power, performance, materials used, types of projectiles that can be used, etc...

And the truth is in many areas traditional muzzleloaders are no good. Beyond no good in fact. Garbage even. How many armies field men with muzzleloaders? How many cops carry an 1851 Navy? The answer of course is zero, because traditional muzzleloaders are valueless or of restricted utility in many modern endeavors. They are useful only to circumvent harsh gun laws, or to provide a hobby. Traditional revolvers barely have relevance for self defense, and that's if you can't get something better, otherwise there are superior choices.

But I don't see anyone saying traditional muzzleloaders are no good in this thread. Only that modern takes have some modern uses in some circumstances.

Right....
Cause all those guys starved to death and didn't die in any wars of the 17th , 18th or 19th century...
Plus I didn't get my deer , bear , elk and grouse with any of muzzeloaders....Nor would you die if someone shot you with one....
Whatever...:rolleyes:

You aren't reading what I said. At all. I specified modern military and law enforcement use, and excluded hobby use, which would logically include hunting. I also pointed out the utility of muzzleloaders in circumventing gun regulations, and pointed out that given the choice between a modern ML design and a "traditional" one, the modern one wins out every time due to advances in technology and design.

Which brings us back to in MODERN endeavors in the MODERN world, outside of HOBBY use traditional ML's are handicapped at almost every turn, outside of repeaters.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top