Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cool Picture Thread!

Discussion in 'Archived - Fox Utility Gear' started by FOX UTILITY GEAR, Jun 22, 2015.

1. FOX UTILITY GEAR

FOX UTILITY GEAR Seattle New Member

This thread will be used to post general cool pictures of my gear and other things!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. FOX UTILITY GEAR

2wppbo7.jpg

2u55o4j.jpg

2hx94s6.jpg

Riot and IronMonster like this.
  3. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Does this mean people can only post pictures of your cool gear and other things ???:s0067:

albin25 likes this.
  4. FOX UTILITY GEAR

You can add pictures of any cool gear you want!

I was just going to use this to ad my random photos that don't have a specific place or purpose.

Feel free to post anything you find interesting!

5. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

You should add a link to your site.

6. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Cool pic.....V-22 Osprey

random-06_04_15-920-15_zps3gkueba3.jpg

7. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

cool gun case
    random-06_04_15-920-6_zpsgftnhcp5.jpg

8. Vanillagerrilla

Vanillagerrilla Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

yes, please add a link to your website.
    i need a new belt - my leather one is done for...

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  9. FOX UTILITY GEAR

I just started setting up my domain and hosting stuff. Working on it as we speak. If you need a belt in the meantime I can still take orders through here.

If not, I will post link here asap and send you a pm to let you know.

Thanks!

10. FOX UTILITY GEAR

Rough Draft for new hang tag

15x704w.jpg

11. Vanillagerrilla

I am interested in a new belt. I am very hard on my gear - I mean I use belts and gear for unintended purposes. Like rappelling over little cliffs and for other stupid things, taunting German shepherds, and creek exploration.
    I was looking into the Ares belts, and Mean Gene Leather. I want something for carrying my full sized 1911, and have it be comfortable, nice looking, and not sag in the rear after a couple seasons.
    I like quality and I don't mind paying for good stuff.
    What you got?

12. FOX UTILITY GEAR

None of my belts come with a d-ring or retention point purposely to maintain as low a profile as possible. There is a laundry list of people who make belts you can tie in to. So I decided not to go that route. Not sure how important that is for your purchase.

The Ares belts are really nice and they are the creators of the 1.5" belts with 1" webbing on top securing the cobra buckle. As i'm sure you've seen, the layers sandwich on top of each other and they become very thick in the front. Maybe something to consider. Also a little pricey at $100+

Mean Gene Leather looks really cool, I have never seen one in person, but I like the leather and cobra buckle concept, not many people doing that. I would choose this one if you are a leather guy?

Right now I think the 1.5" Cobra Belt with no extra stuff either from me or someone else is the best option out there for general use.

Concealed Carry, Competition, Hiking, Etc.

Slim, Rigid, Snag Free, and Durable

and fits with 99% of belt gear!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to help you find a belt, or make you one of mine.

Cheers!

13. Vanillagerrilla

cool, thanks!
    Do your belts have any reinforcement built in to them to keep sagging/warping minimized? I have seen other brands that have a thin layer of Kydex or other rigid material sandwiched between the nylon. My Sig 1911 is heavy and I carry it 90% of the year IWB. I have a leather belt that just simply was not made for carrying, and it is done for.
    I do like the "low profile" look with bulletproof performance, no need for a D ring or tie in point. Im not fast roping on a daily basis...
    Something classy, sturdy, and BAMF is what I am looking for.

14. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

upload_2015-6-25_12-4-17.jpeg

15. FOX UTILITY GEAR

I decided against any kind of stiffener because in my experience they create more problems than they fix.

What helps hold up a heavy gun is the lateral rigidity that keeps it from folding over on itself. Or what I call "the smush test"

The linear stiffness like when adding a kydex strip doesn't really help as much as you might think. That on top of, it is probably only 10 percent stiffer than without it. I believe you quickly get dismissing returns in linear stiffness.

In cold weather the plastic can become brittle and break inside of the belt. This won't be a huge deal as the belt will still function fine. I know John Willis of SOE refuses to add a stiffener because he knows they will break and people will want warranty work on something that cannot be repaired only replaced.

The lateral stiffness is even less important when it comes to carrying inside the waistband, the stiffness comes in handy when you have a big gun owb that wants to lean away from your body and makes your belt sag from the weight. When carrying iwb, the belt pushes the holster against your body and the tendency for belt roll over is almost 0.

I instead opted to go for a stiffer webbing from the get go. My scuba webbing is of higher quality than what comes in most belts. Rated to 6700lb instead of 2000. And resin treated for stiffness.

This combined with double layers, 5 rows of stitching give these belts the perfect combination of lateral and linear stiffness without the need for added pieces.

One of my customers uses the belt for comp. And he carries a full size 1911 and six or so mags.

Hopefully this helped. I really designed these belts to be the perfect hybrid of all the best belts out there. When all the tiny details come together, it makes for a great belt.

16. FOX UTILITY GEAR

Spyderco Paramilitary 2 at work!

x2nlld.jpg

17. FOX UTILITY GEAR

Logo!

k9cq4m.png

18. Vanillagerrilla

Awesome! Thanks for the education. Its nice to know WHY these things are or are not used in products.
    Im interested, what is your turn around time?
    What other products are you working on?

19. FOX UTILITY GEAR

Right not unfortunately I have been focusing on the business end of things because I am trying to get my internet stuff and business organization done. Just been steadily pumping out belts since I have those on autopilot.

My plan is to come to market with some custom EDC backpacks that are truly designed to be low profile. Thinking more like a Jansport/GoRuck while retaining all of the "tactical" type functions.

Of course I'll come out with some smaller gadgets as I go but the perfect belt and perfect backpack are why I started all of this initially.

I will also be commissioning various custom products from manufacturers I like where either there stuff is hard/long wait to get. Or I feel need small customizations/improvements that I would pay for if existed.

It seems like all the gear I like, If there was just a small change, or a little bit of streamlining, it would be perfect. Not for everyone but for a select group of people, and hopefully those people can be my customers.

Can PM you my Paypal address and you can send payment plus pants size and color requests.

$65.00 + $9.00 Shipping

I can send it off by with the other belts today. or tomorrow if you don't see this and reply today. Shipping is usually 3 business days.

Thanks!

20. JDAVIS

JDAVIS washington co. Member

Ive got two belts from these folks so far and have been very impressed. one is my EDC belt that houses a glock 36 IWB. the other i use for 3 gun that holds a M&P PRO 5" owb, double mag pouch and 2 shotgun shell carriers. been running both for about 3 months now and they are still as stiff as the day they came out of the box.

great people to work with and great communication. I will be looking for future products to be available and try out:s0005:

-jeff