JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah my takeaway from the videos Is that the char cloth is a really good thing to have in your kit, and the piston thingy is a really cool thing to have in your kit!
My 4 year old son's mind is going to be blown by that fire piston, for sure.

I knew of "Char Cloth' but had no idea what it was. Now I'll make me some to have with the magnesium fire starter thing.

1) Small pieces of cardboard dipped in paraffin wax.

2) Empty cardboard egg container, fill with dryer lint, cover lint with paraffin wax.

These are the two I've used. Cheap and easy to make too.

I keep my Bic dry, have lots of matches and when the kindling is a bit wet, or I don't feel like chopping that much wood,
I use my Mapp torch with the auto ignition to get the wood stove burning again. Propain works almost as well.
Silver Hand

What- Don't you guys know about matches and dry wood?

Kidding - Fire is fun to play with, back East - NYC I got a fire going using a large magnifier once when I was a kid.
I scraped the shellac from a restaurant door had it nestled in some straw n dry grass, got smoke then fire. Looked up and Dad was parking his car on the street coming home from work.
I was in the restaurants double door entry [closed Monday I guess] and being about six or so years old got by bubblegum kicked all the way home.
I was not playing with matches, I kept yelling but it didn't help stop that strap. 1950s.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads