JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's still a good price. Keep in mind that the Shield is less than a year old (came out last April) and considering what the current climate is on guns... you're still paying less than MSRP.

I have one and love it. Congrats. I put some Talon Grips on mine and it made a huge difference. FWIW

Thanks CC.. heading to the range local to me this weekend to deplete some ammo.. and appreciate the tip on the grips Vantage.. sure like the feel with the extended mag.. so I bought a couple more.. looking for a speed loader.

Go to the Pro Shop @ Fred Meyers in Monroe or call them and get on the list.. right now, there isn't anyone on the S&W/M&P list.. they usually get one in about once every couple of weeks..

Called the Pro Shop - looks like there are 6 people already on the list, and they expect the waiting period to be several months to a year. Same story for full-size M&Ps.
No magazines in stock for either.

I cannot wait that long, so I guess I'll shell out an extra hundred to get them online (ordered from kygunco).
I was not able to find 17-round magazines online anywhere (except on gunbroker.com, where the prices are silly). Policehq allows backordering, but the waiting period is more than half a year, possibly a year.

...I agree - $419 for a Shield, no shipping, no CC fees and no FFL fees is absurdly cheap, given the market situation. Congrats man. )

I just picked one up at my Fred Meyer too. Paid 429. Now I gotta go shoot it. I had a lot of trouble, like most of us, finding a shield. Had one on order at a bunch of places for a long time. Finally I bought a Kahr CW9, then learned that Fred Meyer had a list so just for fun I put my name in there. Well I went out and shot the Kahr and I really like the Kahr. Very accurate little gun and a great trigger. Two weeks later Fred Meyer calls and my Shield 9 is in. So now I gotta go shoot the Shield. I really don't want both guns I am just not at all sure which one i will keep. The Kahr really is a great shooting gun. I am surprised. I expect the Shield to be too, so this may be a tough choice.

On the Fred Meyer list deal, it is worth it to put your name in. They won't hold the gun for you, they just call and tell everyone on the list that it is in, first come gets it. At least that is how it worked at my store. And they told me that a lot of people on the list don't come in. They got two in when I was on the list and there were two names on the list. I went right down and bought one but the other guy on the list didn't show up and the second one was bought by some lucky guy that just walked in to see what they had in stock. It sat in the case a whole day before it was purchased.

Nice, wish the Fred Meyers around me would carry 'em.

I still haven't had a chance to shoot a Shield, but I'd definitely be interested. I do like the grip angle / feel of the M&P9c (compact), though the trigger was kinda meh. My interest in a Shield would probably be for CCP, but I'd probably be using the magazine with the grip extension because I don't like my pinky finger floating. Some good videos I've seen:

M&P9c vs M&P Shield
M&P Compact vs M&P Shield - Buying choices/decisions - YouTube

M&P Shield vs Kahr PM9
Smith & Wesson M&P Shield vs Kahr PM9 - YouTube

Thanks for video's. I have looked at a bunch of them. It just always comes down to personal feel though so I will have to go shoot both. I will say that the Shield seems to be built better than the Kahr though.

After I ordered my Shield I went with my girlfriend to the Barons Den and rented a M&P9c and an XDSC to compare side by side. We both agreed in our opinion the XDSC was superior in most categories..

With that being said now we both agree that my Shield is by far superior to either of them. I carry it everywhere, every day in a Crossbreed Minituck.
I couldn't imagine a better edc firearm.

Every Fred Meyers in the Willamette Valley and a couple at the coast has been receiving shipments in fairly regularly the last month. Shocked when I saw a couple 9's and 40's at the Newport store a few weeks ago....Had to rub my eyes and do a triple take to make sure I was actually seeing them right.

I already had mine so I left them for someone that hopefully will use them and not relist for $100 more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Well...did you shoot it? I want to hear!

I'm not carrying mine yet - I've only put about 100 rounds through it (I want to spend a lot more time with it but I'm getting a little miserly with the ammo), and I am seeing something I think is a little weird. I'm new to shooting but there's some wear developing already in what I think is an odd place. I'll maybe take some photos and see if you guys can tell me whether it's strange or not.

It's been fired so sparingly I'm surprised to see anything like that at all, but maybe I shouldn't be? (Nah.)

Anyway, how did you like it? I found the recoil to be no big deal at all - I love the grip, and the way it balances in the hand. (It feels lighter to me than a G26 but they're the same weight.)

My friend calls it my "Jack Ruby gun" because I can't shoot it very well yet. :s0114: (He knows I'm much better with the other stuff I've been shooting, so...he has to rub it in 'cause I HAD TO HAVE THIS GUN. LOL)

Well...did you shoot it? I want to hear!

I'm not carrying mine yet - I've only put about 100 rounds through it (I want to spend a lot more time with it but I'm getting a little miserly with the ammo), and I am seeing something I think is a little weird. I'm new to shooting but there's some wear developing already in what I think is an odd place. I'll maybe take some photos and see if you guys can tell me whether it's strange or not.

It's been fired so sparingly I'm surprised to see anything like that at all, but maybe I shouldn't be? (Nah.)

Anyway, how did you like it? I found the recoil to be no big deal at all - I love the grip, and the way it balances in the hand. (It feels lighter to me than a G26 but they're the same weight.)

My friend calls it my "Jack Ruby gun" because I can't shoot it very well yet. :s0114: (He knows I'm much better with the other stuff I've been shooting, so...he has to rub it in 'cause I HAD TO HAVE THIS GUN. LOL)

Wear? Where?

Yeah, photos would probably help. ;)

Wear? Where?

Yeah, photos would probably help. ;)

Thanks for asking!

I can describe it (but don't laugh at me if I screw this up - LOL); facing down range, the exposed part of the barrel just forward of the caliber marking. There's a little ridge there and that's where I see it.

But now I'm flashing back on when I first got it, and I was having a lot of trouble locking the slide open...thought it was me, tried everything, other people tried (about fifty times) and realized it had been taken apart before I got it and was not put together correctly...and now I'm wondering if that wasn't when it was rubbing.

I shot it today and it didn't get worse, so maybe that's a good sign. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads