JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm having an electric couch installed and would like to know how difficult it would be to run electrical in the flooring.

You can run this under a carpet.

1615960073307.png

Stencil "LG Refrigerator" on the box as they unload it. You'd think that safe companies might consider this. Anecdote: Ordered a Tanabe anti-sway bar for my Civic. Advertising on box might as well have said "$$$ Ricer parts inside!!!" as I received an empty box. Thanks UPS employees. Got the second one OK. UPS thief apparently thought "Oh, I already have one of those."

Safe+alarm+dog will give you a little breathing room.
Have you seen the Rob Dahm video i think it was, about his custom made 6 rotor i think it was (again) that was stolen during shipping (i think it was also UPS) and they later saw a custom six rotor for sale on ebay (theres only a couple im the world) and they proceeded to argue with him lol.

F UPS and now fed ex, simply for their politics. Worlds looking gloomier and gloomier. Stupid people for miles these days. :mad:

Thoughts?

More thoughts.

You did the right thing to ask about the floor - I would not bolt to gypcrete - I'm no expert on it, just my opinion. If you could bolt through a steel plate below the floor that might work, but probably don't have access to do it.

You asked about bolting to the floor, but is the floor strong enough to handle the weight of the box plus contents? What is the weight of the safe, and what are the footprint dimensions?

I would get a STACK-ON gun cabinet with a KEY lock if I were you. They come with 2 keys.

I personally would NOT want to DIAL IN a password or code or use my finger prints to OPEN any type of SAFE or gun cabinet. I do realize that many people do not agree with me here. NO problem.

Stack-On Products – Safes, Gun Safes, Gun Security SolutionsStack-On (stack-on.com)

Get a brand name - quality made lockable job box - container if you don't want a gun cabinet in any brand.

I did not buy a large - heavy safe back east.

I will not buy a large - heavy safe out here.

I could afford it back east and have had it professionally SET UP for my late husband and myself. We chose not to do this.

I could afford to do this out here and have it professionally SET UP for my MT husband and myself. We chose not to do this.

We have STACK-ON gun cabinets. We have a Sears tool chest. KEYS only.

I did not want a large - heavy gun safe in a large brick house on a first floor, second floor, full size - large basement, enclosed breezeway, 36 x 24 garage with loft, and a small barn. My house back east that I built with my late husband.

I do not want a large - heavy gun safe in this much, much smaller house with a garage. I have the room for a gun safe but I do not want one. I even gave my husband his own gun room - den with a LARGE custom made desk aka reloading bench AND he has more of his hunting/fishing STUFF in the large super insulated - temp controlled garage too.

I lock outside entry doors and the garage door.

But if some criminal wants to or tries to get inside of your home or GUN SAFE - they will try it. In the news LOCALLY on and off and in the national news too. They do this in HOMES where someone is home (NO salami!) and not just in vacation homes or when someone is at work. They are doing this in small villages, college towns, suburbia, larger cities and in RURAL areas where some people still think that bad things don't happen. LOL NO offense.

They are shooting out, destroying and STEALING security cameras in remote areas and IN towns too. That is a fact. The criminals are brazen.

Out of state and home grown criminals don't care and most of this is due to the transients, bums, drunks, dope fiends and some gang crapola - drug cartels and/or even HS/College Age kids/young adults from NICE - rich areas too.

Thieves!

Best wishes to you. I would CANCEL the order.

Old Lady Cate
PS: I do KNOW men who have had safes AND/OR locked gun rooms too. That did not stop some 'people' from trying to steal from them too. Some men had stuff stolen from them while they were on a business trip, working their butts off and some men had already REMOVED their stuff from some safes and LOCKED - ONE KEY ONLY gun rooms. But that did not stop some 'people' from literally BREAKING DOWN THE DOOR or the LOCK to get into the GUN ROOM in a secure basement.

Last Edited:
i also highly recommend a used refrigerator box to "camo" the safe box. Maybe make your own that says sub zero etc. Or maybe Frigidaire.
Tell the neighbors you ran out of room for all the dead bodies etc and are expanding your rentable covid morgue.. Times are tough you gotta get work where you can find it these days. (Hopefully you wont get robbed after that) if you do... Good luck!
There was a fella who was converting fairly new but not current soda machines into gun lockers on Calguns for a while, selling them pretty reasonably. That would fit right into a game room or whatever, or even a dusty garage. But then the box itself might be seen as desirable. Thieves suck.

I bought my safe from NWSafe in Enumclaw the delivery truck was unmarked. They just backed the truck into the driveway and unloaded it. The box was unmarked but they has to use a lift but it was very discreet.

There was a fella who was converting fairly new but not current soda machines into gun lockers on Calguns for a while, selling them pretty reasonably. That would fit right into a game room or whatever, or even a dusty garage. But then the box itself might be seen as desirable. Thieves suck.
Nice i love the covert options the most. Some one should make custom bed frames that can lift the bed up or slide outs with hidden switches. They might catch onto it but maybe not.
Also a bed would spread the weight out more across a larger area. A waterbed would make a nice decoy.

Another thing to consider is all the shows with thousand pound people these days i don't think ive ever heard of them falling through floors. And they have a relatively small "footprint"
I researched maximum fish tank capacity when i looked into the subject. Also a plausible research cover.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top