JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I wanted another wheel gun, I would just carry my 44 mag or 454 Casull. This 610 is a 5 or 6 round gun, yes? So is the 44 mag and 454. Thanks for the suggestion though.

No problem, but I wasn't suggesting the 610 to you. I said I'd personally only buy a 610 to rechamber it to 10mm Magnum.

I'd personally suggest a 10mm auto because it's affordable to shoot, reliable in many platforms, and commonly available if you don't reload.

It looks like you landed on 460 Rowland. Good luck.

We were shooting my G20.4 the other day.
I like to brag on how comfortable it is to shoot.
Well, we ran some Underwood ammo through it during the session.
My shooting buddy says...
"Hmmm, I might want to wear a glove for that stuff !"

LOL

LOL

Why? Does he believe all the old magazine articles concerning the "ferocious recoil" of the full-power (read: normal) 10mm Auto loads? I thought that these had been dismissed/debunked over two decades ago. Some foolish myths persist long after they've been proven groundless.

Last Edited:

LOL

If your buddy wore only one glove... And it was white... And every time he pulled the trigger he said HeeHee! Your buddy might just be Michael Jackson and completely justified.

Otherwise I don't understand the need to wear gloves for stout 10mm ammo.

If your buddy wore only one glove... And it was white... And every time he pulled the trigger he said HeeHee! Your buddy might just be Michael Jackson and completely justified.

Otherwise I don't understand the need to wear gloves for stout 10mm ammo.
Funny you should mention that.
They were Michael Jackson bear loads.
The bullets were black with silver glitter on them.

Supposedly all you have to do is show the bear that you have the Michael Jackson bullets.
Then the bear will Reverse Moon Walk outa there.

Last Edited:
Hello there,
I know you said NO GLOCKS.
Just an observation. I finally got a 1911, or 2011 - Rock Island FS HC 10mm all metal. It shoots like a dream!
However, despite the fact that it weighs weighs about 10oz more than my G20 gen 3. The felt recoil, at least to me is way harder. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Though
it seems the Austrian flubber eats recoil for breakfast.
Just my 2 cents

Raven, Phoenix or Davis needs to make a pocket pot metal 10mm. The guns would come with splints, plaster mix (make before shooting!), bandages, tweezers, burn ointment, a face plate and a sling. They could have a detachable magazine, although the capacity would be irrelevant. The manual would include a warning to never actually use it and a liability waver. Sleep deprivation is one heck of a drug. This is NOT a serious recommendation.

Although if used defensively, it would definitely still be slightly worse to be the other guy, even if you miss.

11 pages and he still hasn't decided?
Good grief man just man up and buy the darn thing.
This website has a bandwidth limit and this thread alone is reaching it.

So........should you buy a 10mm?
Sure.................go ahead.
I hope this helps.

11 pages and he still hasn't decided?
Good grief man just man up and buy the darn thing.
This website has a bandwidth limit and this thread alone is reaching it.

So........should you buy a 10mm?
Sure.................go ahead.
I hope this helps.
LOL. Yeah, I decided to get a 460 Rowland conversion kit. Waiting for a used one to show up as well as sell some stuff. I no longer buy guns willy-nilly. My collection is a bit sad, I need to sell some stuff before they become mummified in dust. :D

Hello there,
I know you said NO GLOCKS.
Just an observation. I finally got a 1911, or 2011 - Rock Island FS HC 10mm all metal. It shoots like a dream!
However, despite the fact that it weighs weighs about 10oz more than my G20 gen 3. The felt recoil, at least to me is way harder. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Though
it seems the Austrian flubber eats recoil for breakfast.
Just my 2 cents
Hello. I do not believe my reason for not wanting a Glock is because of recoil, but my inability to shoot it well. I have the G17 and 26, and am terrible with the 17, never shot the 26. I am getting the 460 Rowland conversion.

Well, I thank all who offered opinions/ suggestions. I have sold all my 1911s chambered in 45 ACP, so no 460 Rowland conversions for me. I will stick with my 454 Casull and 44 mags.

Moderators may close this thread.

I did buy the 454 about a 1.5 years ago, well after buying two 44s. At the time I had never heard of the 454, and when I did, I mulled it over and bought one when I knew I was moving west. Useful tool in Alaska!

I like 10mm i also like 40. The 40 out of my g27 is snappier than 10mm out of my sig1911. I carry the 10mm as my woods gun vs my wheel gun beacause its just as accurate and more so than my wheel gun in DA, they weigh about the same and the 1911 has a bit more capacity and with good ammo (underwood) its pretty much a 357mag.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top