JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guns shoot left predominantly because the trigger is being pulled in a manner that rotates the gun ever so slightly to the left, if you straighten out the trigger pull, the groups straighten out. (Unless sights are off) I shot my glock to the left for a while before I refined my trigger pull, and when I am not doing my part, it still happens.

I know this to be fact in my own case. And knowing isn't always fixing. I still struggle shooting semi-autos straight, I have to keep thinking about the trigger. Revolvers I can shoot pretty straight. In the very remote case of my being in a firefight, I'd have to rely on firepower because all thoughts on the trigger would evaporate.

In my downsizing project, I kept one 10mm Auto. A Ruger 1911 variant. It works and shoots well, price was moderate. I don't like how it takes down, it's hard to keep track of the little wire. The cartridge I like because it is versatile. You can load it way up, very soft or in the middle. If you're a reloader, you don't need a .40 S&W. You can make 10's that shoot that soft.

I sold all my .45 ACP components. Kept all my .45 ACP reloads, have lots to burn through. After they are gone, so will go the Colt 1911 in .45 ACP. But I will keep the 10mm for a while longer.

My other problem with 1911's in .45 or 10mm is age related. I have peripheral neuropathy and keeping a proper grip on the weapon is a chore. If I don't think about my hold, I may double up a shot when my finger bounces off the trigger guard from recoil and pulls the trigger again unwanted. Bump finger? Not an issue with the 1911 in 9mm, recoil isn't much in it.

Years ago, a guy I kinda knew told me he couldn't shoot his .45's any more. Due to arthritis in his wrist. Yeah, I have that issue too, if I shoot hefty loads of any kind. I remember feeling sorry for the guy, never realizing at the time that I would get to live it myself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top