JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Slam fire is an indication of broken, ask instead if it has a disconector. Flippant language and the misuse of terms gives our opponents more to use against us. They are smarter than we give them credit for, and you can be sure that they monitor all gun sites. If enough of us sound stupid or ignorant they will try to use that to their advantage.

And yes, after 68 all guns that "need" them have disconnectors.

Last Edited:
Slam fire is an indication of broken, ask instead if it has a disconector. Flippant language and the misuse of terms gives our opponents more to use against us. They are smarter than we give them credit for, and you can be sure that they monitor all gun sites. If enough of us sound stupid or ignorant they will try to use that to their advantage.

And yes, after 68 all guns that "need" them have disconnectors.
Thank you, just getting into the hobby and may only know lamens terms.

There's a company that makes a special ammo tube follower and spring that allows you to add an extra shell from 5 to 6 shells when using 2-3/4" ammo. I can't remember what the name is, but I'll do some research today.
As far as bayonets go, I bought mine on Craigslist here in Portland from a family member who inherited it from an uncle that fought in WW!.
The hardest part was filing the three half notch screw holes in the underside of the barrel. You have to be very careful not to file too deep as the the original trench gun barrel were made with thicker tubing and were also straight walled tubes with no choke and marked as "Cylinder."
The clamping screws should have just enough room in the half round notches to make some light thread marks as you screw them under the barrel to the other side of the shroud clamp.
I used this model '97 take down gun because the end of the barrel had a huge dent in it .

View attachment 497505

View attachment 497507

View attachment 497508
Does the tube extender work with the bayonet lug? I saw some of those for sale by a company like old western supply company or some name like it. I admit I was interested if i could incorporate that somehow.

I like the model 12, and I've always wanted an Ithaca 37. I'm also a fan of the 1897, and since this has happened upon me I'll start here. However stomper has a pretty neat idea going with his collection.

The only heat shroud and bayonet lug I have found was twice the price of the others, so I'll have to wait until the GF's birthday fiasco is over to acquire it (i only say fiasco because she wants to go to Seattle). ;)

It's not a tube extender at all, it's a newly designed shell follower. The spring that fits inside the follower is slightly tapered on one end and when the 6th shell is pushed into the magazine tube the follower spring compacts into the special tapered follower just enough to allow that extra 3/4" of compression.
It works great in my '97.

Had to wait to post this until I had time to get pictures. My "dense pack" storage system requires great care to avoid being the "dents-pack" system. This is a WWII era Trench gun. Very cool old shotgun.
20180915_122952.jpg

Those are the guys that I was going to buy from, thanks for the link tho!

I saw the second site, but want to do it myself. You're saying they'll help with tips and advice?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top