Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Converting a Saiga in Washington

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Bellehood, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Bellehood

Bellehood Bellevue, WA Member

I am very interested in buying a 7.62x39 Saiga rifle and converting it. While I think I could, maybe, possibly, with chance of failure, do it myself, I don't really want to. Does anyone in Washington have experience with this, or know of a gunsmith (preferably in King County) who does it? Thanks guys!

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

See the Saiga Forum at Saiga-12.com if you haven't already. The conversion is easier than you may think. Spend the weekend perusing the 'how-to' posts. There are also a few fairly decent Youtube videos out there as well.

Keith

3. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

I've done a few - feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions. I get my parts from link>>>carolinashooterssupply.com Home Page<<< - Like the man said - saiga 12 forum and dead easy (only a little cussin' until you get the hang of the BHO spring).

4. elliot

elliot washington New Member

I have converted both the .223 and the 7X62, and it is as easy as others have stated. Watch the videos several times. Also recommend Carolinas for conversion parts. I used the dental floss trick on th BHO spring and it worked great.