Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Converting 40 to a 9m

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bjohnson, Dec 19, 2010.

1. bjohnson

bjohnson Shoreline New Member

HI everyone.

I have a clock 23 4th gen, and I want to convert it to a 9mm. I have been told about the barrel kits to change it out, as well as, changing the ejector to fully convert it. I was curious, what ejector do I need to buy? Also is it fairly easy to install the ejector and barrel? I would apprecaite anyones input.

thanks!

Brandon-

2. BroncoFan

BroncoFan Eastern Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a 3rd gen glock 23. Simply bought the Storm Lake conversion barrel, dropped it in and bought some glock 19 mags. Many many rounds down range and not a single problem.

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

It would be the extractor that you would want to change out for a 9mm one (I dont know if this is required). The barrel is extremely easy to change, but the extractor will require you to disassemble the slide, which is not too hard at all.

You will also need 9mm mags.

4. carbuncle

carbuncle South Snoho Member

I don't think you need to change the extractor unless you're really into working on your gun. Most folks seem to buy the barrel and mags and hit the range with no problems.

5. bjohnson

bjohnson Shoreline New Member

ok thanks guys! I think I'm just going to by the barrel and the glock 19 mags, and call it good. I just want it because its cheaper to shoot at the range. Thank you all for your input! :)

6. BroncoFan

BroncoFan Eastern Oregon Well-Known Member

I should also say the accuracy is outstanding - I have also the Storm Lake 40 swap and both barrles are more accurate than my stock 40.