JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Looking to sell or trade a Saiga 223 that has been converted to a pistol grip configuration. It has a Tapco double hook trigger group, SAW style grip, and NATO length stock. It has not had a bullet guide installed - I was planning on using Saiga specific mags with it. It has had ~100 rounds through it. Will come with original box and parts and one 10 round magazine. I do not have any high cap mags available. By my count it needs one more US made part for 922R compliance (to use >10 rd magazines). I was going to put on a Galil style fore end, but lost interest in the project. Looking for $450 OBO. Would entertain trades for good condition 12 or 20 gauge side by side shotgun, plus or minus cash as appropriate.

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

Last Edited:
is this a piston or direct injection? Is the part that it needs for >10 round capacity easy to install and rough price estimate on part? Any jamming issues or problems with shells loading? thanks--John

Otony - PM replied to.

bolen05 - Saigas are basically the same as an AK-47, but this one is chambered in .223. It is a long stroke gas piston system. There have been no problems with cycling (or any thing else) at all with a variety of ammunition. I have put a few boxes of steel shell polymer coated Wolf through it - no problems. These things run very well.

There are a couple options to make it legal for >10 round magazines. The easiest would be to swap the piston for one made in the USA - cost is ~$20. Or you could put on a new front hand guard - you can spend as much as you want on that, from $30-40 for a plastic Galil style up to a couple hundred for a four rail aluminum monstrosity (which would look pretty cool....). There are other options, but they get much more involved.

i would like to be second in line if things dont work out with OTONY. Let me know how things go and if they fall through i will meet up with you and take a look at it- thanks John

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.