JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A couple weeks ago I ran into an old friend at a party. The conversation eventually made its way to guns and gun control, and after about 30 min of talking I offered to take him shooting with me.
All I have to say is that taking a newbie to the range is super fun, and, a sure fire way to bring them to the light!
All it took was 1 mag dump from an ak47 (we worked our way up there from .22's) and he was hooked (and don't worry, we spent an hour or so at my house beforehand going over safety and handling).

A couple weeks ago I ran into an old friend at a party. The conversation eventually made its way to guns and gun control, and after about 30 min of talking I offered to take him shooting with me.
All I have to say is that taking a newbie to the range is super fun, and, a sure fire way to bring them to the light!
All it took was 1 mag dump from an ak47 (we worked our way up there from .22's) and he was hooked (and don't worry, we spent an hour or so at my house beforehand going over safety and handling).

FANTASTIC!!!!!! Good JOB! We need all the help we can get turning out more responsible gun owners/ shooters.

Well done!! This is exactly the kind of thing that we all need to be doing so we can eventually turn the tide from anti-gun to pro-gun in this country. There was a time when we had that, we just allowed public schools to condition our kids for 2 or so generations against guns. We can turn that around, but it will take a long time, probably a couple of gens to do it.

Awesome news! :s0115:

I have to admit that I don't know any anti-gunners. Don't recall ever having met with more than the one I saw in court one time, who ran out of the briefing room when she saw a handgun in an evidence bag. Nothing to do with the case - she was delivering our coffee and cakes.

I've introduced many, many noobs though, but that's my remit as a fully-qualified club instructor here in yUK.

Good on the OP, though.

tac

People don't need to be converted to gun enthusiasts. They don't have to own fire arms. They don't necessarily need to be taken to the range to shoot guns. They don't even need to like guns, they can not like guns. People need to get it through their heads that fire arms are a right guaranteed to free Americans by the constitution!

Tell you what, I won't mess with you're right to do as you please, as long as it doesn't interfere or harm others, and you won't interfere with MY rights to keep and bear arms!
Thank You!

I can see someone really getting off on an AK mag dump and all, but still voting for "Common Sense" gun safety.

I've introduced many, many noobs though, but that's my remit as a fully-qualified club instructor here in yUK.

Good on the OP, though.

tac

Best I have been able to do too. Get some very indifferent to come to my side. Always been fun to take someone who did not own a gun. Did not pay any attention to what new laws were going in. Get them to try shooting. Then get to think about personal security. Then finally see them start to think and vote better.
Often with the rabid anti gun I just shrug and say "hey the bad people have to eat too. You'll make a good victim."

Last edited by a moderator:
People don't need to be converted to gun enthusiasts. They don't have to own fire arms. They don't necessarily need to be taken to the range to shoot guns. They don't even need to like guns, they can not like guns. People need to get it through their heads that fire arms are a right guaranteed to free Americans by the constitution!

Tell you what, I won't mess with you're right to do as you please, as long as it doesn't interfere or harm others, and you won't interfere with MY rights to keep and bear arms!
Thank You!

I can see someone really getting off on an AK mag dump and all, but still voting for "Common Sense" gun safety.

I have had that conversation I don't know how many times. Seems to seldom work which is VERY frustrating. Amazing how many fall for the idea that passing laws to ban certain guns is fine. They just don't want to see that it's a ruse.
One guy I worked for who knew I was a shooter and he was not. After that Newtown thing started asking me. "Why not ban AR's and 30 round mags". I told him if the nut had walked in with a couple 6 shot wheel guns he could do the same thing. I told him if no one else there has a gun who's going to stop him and how? He knew I was right but he just did not "want" to believe it.

I have had that conversation I don't know how many times. Seems to seldom work which is VERY frustrating. Amazing how many fall for the idea that passing laws to ban certain guns is fine. They just don't want to see that it's a ruse.
One guy I worked for who knew I was a shooter and he was not. After that Newtown thing started asking me. "Why not ban AR's and 30 round mags". I told him if the nut had walked in with a couple 6 shot wheel guns he could do the same thing. I told him if no one else there has a gun who's going to stop him and how? He knew I was right but he just did not "want" to believe it.

Well, at least it would be..."A Start" :eek:. Personally, I don't "NEED" these things they want to ban or modify. It's not really a matter of life and death to ME, personally. However I see the big picture, and the whole slippery slope thing right to the bottom, as in the UK and most of Europe. Just getting people to see the reason why we get so angry and refuse to give anything is the hard part.

Hmm...If you think about it, I would bet a large percentage of the people we call "Antis" would say they don't think guns should be banned. Well, only "Some" guns, and too many "Bullets", and them scope thingy's, and grips, and carrying, and..., and.... And so on.

This is the only way I've ever been able to bring someone over to our side of the issue. I realized the other day that the reason so many of my friends have Glock 19's and AR's is because they tend to be my preferred 'first purchase' guns :s0114:

Great work!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top