JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know that at least some DA/SA's can be converted to SAO, but would it be possible to convert something to DAO? For no particular reason, I've been wanting a gun that defaults to DA, was considering a revolver, but have shelved that idea for now for a variety of reasons. I currently have 3 pistols, a Sig P220R and 2 different CZ's, all DA/SA with decockers. I don't know of ANY DAO CZ's, and the Sig DAO is apparently kind of an oddball, neither fish nor fowl. I also looked into an HK with the LEM trigger, but I just don't like the feel of the HK guns compared to what I have. My other option is a Beretta 92D, a forum member has one I'd snatch in a heartbeat, but he won't ship, and I haven't had much luck finding one otherwise. Which brings me to the idea of a conversion of one of the guns I currently have. If possible, I'd prefer converting my CZ 97 BD, of the 3 pistols I have, it's the one closest to being strictly a range toy, both the others are carry pieces. Appreciate any info ya'll might have, thanks.

Dave

You could buy a police trade in P229 DAK in 9mm, 40 S&W, or .357 Sig for what it'cost to convert your P220R... I'd even help you fund it if you'd want to sell it to fund the new gun.
:rolleyes:
Check out Sportsman's superstore or CDNN, DAK/DAO pistols are cheap.

Turns out it's simple and cheap to convert the Sig, just change out the hammer and remove the decocker. And if I don't like it, just reverse the process, no permanent changes to the pistol. Already have the new hammer on order :D. Will post more when I get it done and see how I like it.

Turns out it's simple and cheap to convert the Sig, just change out the hammer and remove the decocker. And if I don't like it, just reverse the process, no permanent changes to the pistol. Already have the new hammer on order :D. Will post more when I get it done and see how I like it.
If that's really all it is, you also need new DAO grip panels.
Hopefully it works well for you.