Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Conversations....

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by B5Ben, Mar 13, 2015.

1. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

Wondering if its possible to mark if a conversation has been read. I have sent a couple to members with older classified ads and gotten no response. Some chose not to show when they were online last and thats fine, just would be nice to know if they at least read what I sent.

What do you think?

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

This should already show to the right near user names, last read date/time should be visible.

3. B5Ben

It seems that is only available when a reply is sent. I don't see anything that indicates if an un-replied to message has been read.

4. deadeye

There should be a list of all recipients/participants to the right. Under the other users name should be a last time read. If it shows as having never read then they have not but if it has a date/time that is when they read it. This should be a different time than what is listed under your name.

5. B5Ben

I am still not seeing the "read" part that you are referring to. I do see the replied, but not the read. It sounds like its there (or supposed to be) and maybe I am just missing it.

upload_2015-3-14_8-40-8.png

scooter likes this.
  6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've wondered about this too. Maybe I'm thinking of another site, but I thought we used to be able to see when a message was read, not just when it's responded to. I don't see any indication in any of my recent conversations that they've been 'read', only if there has been a reply.

7. deadeye

Looks like I can see it and may be because my controls are slightly different. Right below what B5Ben pictured shows the names and avatar of all participants and just below each name shows last time read for me.

screen.png

8. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Interesting. That looks familiar, like we used to have it, but not any longer. I definitely don't see that in my conversations. Perhaps you're right and the moderator setting lets you see more.

9. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

If you wish to read a conversation, then mark it as unread (I do this often to remind myself to reply), click the Mark as Unread option at the top of the conversation.

upload_2015-4-1_23-43-25.png