JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wondering if its possible to mark if a conversation has been read. I have sent a couple to members with older classified ads and gotten no response. Some chose not to show when they were online last and thats fine, just would be nice to know if they at least read what I sent.

What do you think?

It seems that is only available when a reply is sent. I don't see anything that indicates if an un-replied to message has been read.

There should be a list of all recipients/participants to the right. Under the other users name should be a last time read. If it shows as having never read then they have not but if it has a date/time that is when they read it. This should be a different time than what is listed under your name.

I am still not seeing the "read" part that you are referring to. I do see the replied, but not the read. It sounds like its there (or supposed to be) and maybe I am just missing it.

upload_2015-3-14_8-40-8.png

I've wondered about this too. Maybe I'm thinking of another site, but I thought we used to be able to see when a message was read, not just when it's responded to. I don't see any indication in any of my recent conversations that they've been 'read', only if there has been a reply.

Looks like I can see it and may be because my controls are slightly different. Right below what B5Ben pictured shows the names and avatar of all participants and just below each name shows last time read for me.

screen.png

Looks like I can see it and may be because my controls are slightly different. Right below what B5Ben pictured shows the names and avatar of all participants and just below each name shows last time read for me.

Interesting. That looks familiar, like we used to have it, but not any longer. I definitely don't see that in my conversations. Perhaps you're right and the moderator setting lets you see more.

If you wish to read a conversation, then mark it as unread (I do this often to remind myself to reply), click the Mark as Unread option at the top of the conversation.

upload_2015-4-1_23-43-25.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads