JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I have read and a friend said it's a fast flat Shooting round .
I have no idea just what I read and have been told so yes it sounds interesting. Screenshot_2019-01-15_153016.jpg

I'm not a long range shooter .lol I can't see that far anymore.
But my friend is into it .
He likes the 24 .
The 26 nos .
28 .
What ever he is a Doctor he can afford all these guns lol .
I can't so I live vicariously through his SCOPE

Yeah...I am a big fan of the .277. I had a .270WSM. I have two .270 Win's; and a 6.8. The 6.8spc is totally under-rated. It is hard hitting and very accurate. To wit: img_3283 (2).jpg Probably a fake, riiiight? So I am thinking the .224 Valk, based on 6.8 brass, might be a kick in the a$$. We have access to some great fairly long coyote ground. RRA has a very good sale on uppers for this round. May have to invest.

It's a cool round, I bought a barrel from X-caliber last year, with 95 grain SMKs it will consistently shoot 3/4 MOA at 200 yards, I haven't had a chance to take it out farther but I am confident.

Make sure you get a 6.5" or 6" twist barrel if you want to shoot the heavies.

What purpose does this round have? Shooting coyotes or sage rats, a 223 does great, it's cheap, and don't have to worry if your brass is flung all over. If you need the heavy bullets long range, hard to beat the 243. What niche does this round fill that isn't already filled?

What purpose does this round have? Shooting coyotes or sage rats, a 223 does great, it's cheap, and don't have to worry if your brass is flung all over. If you need the heavy bullets long range, hard to beat the 243. What niche does this round fill that isn't already filled?

Heavier than 77gr bullets out of a mag in an AR 15.

Gee....that was helpful. My .224 Valkyrie can hit half sheets of TP at 200 yards though.....all day. Nice upper from NWFA member. But now I have a bunch of brass and we have been unable to find specs for trim length . If anyone out there is reloading this round and could share proper trim length that would be helpful. We are also interested in possible loads for 75 gr boolits. Maybe it was the heavy coat and 14 degree weather, but I didn't notice recoil. It is fun to shoot. We bought the new Nosler Manual #8 thinking it would have data but it doesn't. It doesn't even have data for the .22 Nosler! Well.... input on trim length would be helpful.

Gee....that was helpful. My .224 Valkyrie can hit half sheets of TP at 200 yards though.....all day. Nice upper from NWFA member. But now I have a bunch of brass and we have been unable to find specs for trim length . If anyone out there is reloading this round and could share proper trim length that would be helpful. We are also interested in possible loads for 75 gr boolits. Maybe it was the heavy coat and 14 degree weather, but I didn't notice recoil. It is fun to shoot. We bought the new Nosler Manual #8 thinking it would have data but it doesn't. It doesn't even have data for the .22 Nosler! Well.... input on trim length would be helpful.

1.590", max is 1.6 so unless they are over that I don't trim.

I have been searching the interweb. Tons of load data. Trim length, if anyone else needs to know, is 1.59". According to one source the purpose of the Valkyrie is within the name..."chooser of the dead." That source seemed to believe the round may be headed to conflict zones as is the 6.8.
1.590", max is 1.6 so unless they are over that I don't trim.
Thank you, jordanka16

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top